Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Musso TD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was surfing our gallery section,.. in other cars category.. and there are one posted there 2003 W221 S-class... it looks so diferent,.. is this the future of our S??? Looks ugly...

·
Registered
04'E55; 02' 911Turbo
75 Posts
Yeah, there have been some photos of the 06' in circulation for a while now..

I dunno...

Yeah, there have been some photos of the 06' in circulation for a while now..

I dunno, it looks futuristic.. a bit too sporty for the S-class if you ask me. Kinda cool though. It's long length keeps you in touch with the old S.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
New W221 S-class pictures (Autobild, Autozeitung)

The lights get a more conservative look.

The interior will be similar to the new M-Class and Grand Sport Tourer with the same steering wheel and the shifter on the steering wheel, to the right, to make space for MB's version of multifunction control wheel in the center, the silver colored half wheel sticking out from a mouse like cover on the front of the center armrest where the hand rests on, press down to select, like with a mouse. There is also a center mounted monitor with partial overhead cover.

These pictures were scanned by Sebastian Nast.

Wheel mounted paddel shifters may be optional (in the sport versions?).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the exterior look but the new steering wheel and no center shifter. I dont know if ...

I like the exterior look but the new steering wheel and no center shifter. I dont know if I could handler that. I just dont like the idea of it in a Mercedes. Is that real information or is that prediction?

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Re: I like the exterior look but the new steering wheel and no center shifter. I dont know if

I like the exterior look but the new steering wheel and no center shifter. I dont know if I could handler that. I just dont like the idea of it in a Mercedes. Is that real information or is that prediction?
That's a pretty poor picture of the interior. The steering wheel looks better in other pictures. The shifter will be on the right side of the steering wheel. This info is pretty certain.

The classic 600 Limo also had the shifter mounted to the right of the steering wheel (and I like driving it).

·
Registered
719 Posts
There ain't no comparison between a 600 and an S-Class. The 600 is over-excessive, but ...

There ain't no comparison between a 600 and an S-Class. The 600 is over-excessive, but the S-Class is meant to be a driver's car.

Remember the Germanic armerests attached to the door MB used to have to close the door with? Those have been scrapped too. Chrysler influence is dramatically heavy. Face it guys, Mercedes-Benz ended in 1998 after the "merger of equals". Merger of equals...I think I'm going to barf.[xx(]

Dare to Compare?

·
Registered
2009 CLS
70 Posts
RE: There ain't no comparison between a 600 and an S-Class. The 600 is over-excessive, but ...

LOL whats with all these people with photochopped photos going around and saying there "spy photos"

Dont believe anything these ppl post on the next S Class, its not completed. I hear it will look similar to the maybach though.

·
Registered
Mercedes Musso TD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RE: There ain't no comparison between a 600 and an S-Class. The 600 is over-excessive, but ...

Does anyone knows where / what websites we can see spy photos of the future S ? thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts