Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2008 S550 4-Matic
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if there is a write up on the removal of the license plate light bulb so I thought I'd whip something up while I was changing mine to an LED.:cool:

My pictures were taken with the cell phone so I apologize ahead for any inconvenience. :crybaby2:
The removal is fairly do able. Just don't rip stuff up.

First step is taking off the plastic piece on the trunk arms.
[/url][/IMG]

Next locate the top piece. There will be screws in which I have highlighted square red boxes. The screws on the end are plastic rivets. They are star shaped bolts. Simply loosen these screws like the others.
[/url][/IMG]

Here is a pic of the plastic rivet. I used a fork to pry them. LOL:D
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

Again sorry guys for the crappy phone pics, camera wasn't on me today. I have red square boxed the wiring that will be need to be disconnected. I pryed the top piece of pretty roughly so I doubt anyone can break it. Just look for the connections and disconnect them one by one. From there it will be a simple matter of getting it off. There are 3 wire connections that will need to be disconnected.
[/url][/IMG]
Pic from driver side.
[/url][/IMG]

Now all you have to do is take of the trunk liner. There are four clips that run along the middle. Just play with it from there and it will come out easily. I would also have another man with me to hold the liner since it is only hanging/attached to the emergency trunk release button (cant think of proper name at this moment sorry, have pic of it though).

You have access to the bulbs now. There will be two big square opening, the on top is the one that holds the bulb. The red box is where you wanna loook. Heres a pic:
[/url][/IMG]

Here is where the bulb is located. The socket holding it is silver. Should easily be seen.
[/url][/IMG]

Thats it. You got it! I have no idea as to what size bulb it is. I go to my local vendor tommorow and will ask him what the size is. I will post some before and after pics soon. Pic of bulb:
[/url][/IMG]

Good luck! Sorry if this was a crappy write up but at least you have a solid foundation on where to start and how to get there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.