Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I own a 220cdi -05. bought 6 months ago and haven´t had any problems with it untill nu.

it all started a week ago when I started car after have been abroad for 2 months. the battery was week but the car did start. I drow it 5minutes to the shop to change to the winter tyres. start/stop the car severall times without any trouble. then drowe 1.5mile back home and didn´t use the car for 2 days. at thoose two days the temprature outside was -20C.

the third day I was gonna drive to work but the car didn´t start, none response. and I got the message "Battery protection: Convenience functions temporarlly unavailable" at the display.

I guessed that I´d killed the battery by doing short start an stop and not letting the battery charge after not been used för 2months so I changed the main battery and checked the aux battery with a multimeter and it was in good shape but I still get a respons from the engine, stone dead.

what should I do? I´ve heard that hooking up to the engine and reset the main settings could solve the problem, any ideas?

Help me guys!:)

Sorry for my poor english grammar;)

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
981 Posts
I would jump the car to get it going and drive it for a trip say 30 miles round trip. Then check it the next day.

The issue could be the battery might be getting enough of a charging cycle from the alternator because of the short trips..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I´ve tried that from the first day. jump start is not helping me. its like the car has locked it self. everything is working, cd, heat, clima, light, display. the car gets electricity but when i turn the key nothing happens even when I jump start:(

·
Registered
238 Posts
Battery

AMy 05 just did this over the weekend. It sat for two months. The aux battery in the engine compartment needs to be charged. I charged it and it stopped turning off the convenience features and after several starts the check engine light went off as well. The problem appeared to be the battery either going bad or the drain is too much for long periods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts