Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S350
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My command recently went dead (no Nav, FM/AM, CD/DVD, blank screen) and the rear AC controls also dead alongside some of the buttons around the joystick (only the rear sunshade and hazzard light buttons works here). The front AC controls are working ok.

I checked the car in at mercedes service centre here in Abu Dhabi, and after 7 days they conclude that there is a faulty panel burnt in the command unit which is preventing power supply to the whole unit. They also claim this should not affect the rear AC or some of the dead buttons around the joystick (namely: transmission (M-S-C) button and the rear-seat headrest button). I have a feeling that whole thing is all connected, they all malfunctioned the same time. The Mercedes guys are suggesting I get a new command unit for about $12k.

Anyone had a similar problem before? what would you advice? I see some command units on ebay for $1k-$3k range with no warranties - are these viable options? Is there a reliable repair service for this sort of thing? please help, driving my s-class without any audio is unbearable!

·
Registered
S550 2012
1 Posts
I had to replace mine under warranty and it was a 9000$ replacement. I don't think you have much of a choice. Hope you will find a unit for cheaper

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
Did they do a CAN check and also check the wake up.

·
Registered
2019 S63 Cab; 2014 GL550; 2015 GX460
60 Posts
My 2009 S63 COMAND went out (haptic controller dead, no screen, could hear hard drive trying to boot). MB replaced it under warranty; they say it would have been $8K if not under warranty.

·
Registered
S55
140 Posts
Hello all,
My command recently went dead (no Nav, FM/AM, CD/DVD, blank screen) and the rear AC controls also dead alongside some of the buttons around the joystick (only the rear sunshade and hazzard light buttons works here). The front AC controls are working ok.

I checked the car in at mercedes service centre here in Abu Dhabi, and after 7 days they conclude that there is a faulty panel burnt in the command unit which is preventing power supply to the whole unit. They also claim this should not affect the rear AC or some of the dead buttons around the joystick (namely: transmission (M-S-C) button and the rear-seat headrest button). I have a feeling that whole thing is all connected, they all malfunctioned the same time. The Mercedes guys are suggesting I get a new command unit for about $12k.

Anyone had a similar problem before? what would you advice? I see some command units on ebay for $1k-$3k range with no warranties - are these viable options? Is there a reliable repair service for this sort of thing? please help, driving my s-class without any audio is unbearable!

I know this is an old thread but im having the exact same issue, it happened right after spraying AC Cleaner inside the ac vents,, did you get to a final solution ?, can anyone help ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts