Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy 2006 model S320 CDI W221. It is pretty cheap in Germany but I worry that, when the airmatic will fail, it will cost me almost half price of the car. That's why I am thinking about replacing all with Arnott Coil Spring Conversion kit when it fails. Has anybody done coilover conversion? Please do not write needless comments such as, "do not destroy S-class, if you do not have money for Airmatic then do not drive". I am a DIY person and I am not buying expensive W222 car that, I should think about Airmatic maintenance and etc. Please just let me know, who has done this conversion in their cars and how is the ride quality.

Thanks in advance :smile

·
Registered
2004 S430, 2007 S550
134 Posts
Replacement Airmatic struts are going to be considerably less than a coil spring conversion and then there's the ride difference. I think if you're that paranoid about airmatic you should probably consider some other car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Let me know please, how will it cost less? I also wonder, how often Airmatic fails? Does it work at least 50K miles?

·
Registered
85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
1,598 Posts
At parts geek $ 550.00,if you surf around you find them cheaper, for one only the front ones will fail and they last way over 100K miles ,you don't have to replace both to the same time if only one side is leaking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts