Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Sl600 - 1994 and S500 - 2001, plus Non-MBZ
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2001 S500. Four times I started the car - no problem, back out of driveway and shift to drive and push the accelerator - No response - then ever so slowly the car starts to speed up, but you come to a stop and it repeats. will cruise fine - no great acceleration ???
This have gotten dangerous - especial when you try to merge into traffic -- People really think I that little old man and in a pricey car that can not drive it!

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
JOHNNY7623 said:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (check engine light)
I had this problem too.... if u turn the car off, lock, unlock it, it might work. but take it to a dealer and fix it. I forgot what the problem was. It is covered under warranty.

·
Registered
Sl600 - 1994 and S500 - 2001, plus Non-MBZ
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - Yes it did final come on - now the computer can do the work. Thanks Again Jack

·
Registered
w220 S600 2001
14 Posts
I had the same problem with my 01 600. It can be very dangerous. I would take it staight to the dealer. I was told that my pedal was shorting out and that this is a common problem with the S.

Fix it asap, I would hate to hear that you got t-boned because you pulled acrossed traffic and your car wouldn't accelarate.

When this happened to me, it would work fine until the car warmed up and as soon as I desided to give her a little gas from a stop or moving it was as if I bearly hit the pedal. I had to put the pedal to the floor to get anywhere and still almost had nothing. Do take this seriously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts