Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
My 2000 Mercedes-Benz S430 has a major battery draw. I tested by pulling every fuse one at the time but still draws. Rear dome lights stays on. I’ve pulled the fuse and even the bulbs but still same issue.
anyone came across this problem?
Ps I lost the steering and seat easy exit option on board.
thanks

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,189 Posts
Help!
My 2000 Mercedes-Benz S430 has a major battery draw. I tested by pulling every fuse one at the time but still draws. Rear dome lights stays on. I’ve pulled the fuse and even the bulbs but still same issue.
anyone came across this problem?
Ps I lost the steering and seat easy exit option on board.
thanks
Kosman,

You need to perform a parasitic test - pulling out every fuse one at a time doesnt do anything as a test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First I did parasitic test, could not pin point the issue. Then I started removing each fuse per day (it took a while) still draws. It may be something pre fuse.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,189 Posts
First I did parasitic test, could not pin point the issue. Then I started removing each fuse per day (it took a while) still draws. It may be something pre fuse.
You've had the battery tested?

Scan and see if you have any saved codes.

EDIT: I wonder if your radio is shutting off completely. Any other features like teleaid, CD, etc?

·
Registered
2005 S600
533 Posts
One of the more common draw problems is a Nav system that doesn't fully shut down. The DVD drive stays running and draws quite a bit of current. I've not had this problem, so I can't tell you how to test for it, but a search of the threads should yield some useful discussion on that particular draw.

·
W220 Moderator
6,146 Posts
I wonder ............

Did OP also pull the fuses in Rear Sam ? A lot of owners don't know they are there ;)

I have often found water damaged CD Changer, TV module or Bose Amp in the Trunk can cause hefty drains, as can anything under the Rear Seat like SAM and Phone etc modules, all of which can and do get wet if Water Drains are blocked ;)

All 3 SAM's will still draw Current as they are only Fused by PRE FUSES, not the regular ones ;)

Regarding easy entry / exit, the Column and Seats just require normalising procedure as the Fuses have been pulled, (or Flat Battery) ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Registered
Traded my 20 yr 1984 500 sec for a 2005 S600
62 Posts
Kosman,

You need to perform a parasitic test - pulling out every fuse one at a time doesnt do anything as a test.

This method of checking circuits is brilliant. an unbelievable time saver. Best feature is that it does not require disconnecting the battery for any reason! (Note this Dave2302).
Kosman,

I suggest it be included in the Stickies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts