Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
S320 2001
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

well i have a W220 S320 2001 , when i start the car and press on the phone button it keeps saying " Please wait ... Initialising phone" , the phone gets charged while its connected but i cant do anything else . I have attached some photos of the message,the phone and the cradle .
please if anyone have any idea or have seen this before , i would be gratefull to know how to fix it . Thank you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
S430 103K; E320 Wagon 143K
626 Posts
If its anything like my 2000 S430, the phone is analog & the FCC took down all analog cell phones, possible to upgrade but very expensive. Also the analog Teleaide system is gone, unless you do an expensive upgrade to digital & subscribe to the new system.

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
It's stuck cause it's looking for 2001 and it's come and gone.
You're gonna need the MB Bluetooth upgrade. It is fairly simple and covered in the encyclopedia.

·
Registered
S320 2001
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its anything like my 2000 S430, the phone is analog & the FCC took down all analog cell phones, possible to upgrade but very expensive. Also the analog Teleaide system is gone, unless you do an expensive upgrade to digital & subscribe to the new system.
Thanks ollo , but the phone is working by itself and i can make calls without any problems

·
Registered
S320 2001
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's stuck cause it's looking for 2001 and it's come and gone.
You're gonna need the MB Bluetooth upgrade. It is fairly simple and covered in the encyclopedia.
Thanks Gabby, but i did not get what do you mean by " it's looking for 2001 " do you mean the date or something, cause the phone is from the same age that the car came from. ( BTW it was really hard to find one :) )

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
I apologize.

I was making light of the fact that the phone is looking for a time that's almost a decade in the past.

That doesn't help your diagnosis. Please forgive, it was a lighthearted gesture.

On a more constructive note. If the phone itself is connecting phone calls, then the problem is the connection to the car itself.

Start with the wires connecting the phone, remove the center console, and look for a break somwhere.
The other way is to have a Star Diagnostic on your Fiber Optic lines to see if there is an issue there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts