Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to aquire brand new 2004 S430, (First time MB owner)and want to know opinion of other owners.

I have read in just about all publications that reliability of this model is not so great and I like to hear first hand opinion of the current owners in regards to repairs, service problems w/dealers and model reliability.

60+ people have hit this note todate but not a single answer!

Please respond if you know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some 80 plus faulks have hit the post, However, all but one response. You MB owners ...

Some 80 plus folks have hit the post, However, all but one response.

You MB owners are amazing reserve folks. Com'on, tell me about what you know about S430.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GREAT CAR!

Hey RAJBHAT!
I really love my S500 4Matic. But, when it comes down to the S-Class versus the LS430 and 7series, I would seriously check those two out. I had the oppourtunity to test drive the S430, and it's amazing. You could get a BMW 745i/Li for about or under the same price and still be satisfied, but it's a great car. I would prefer that they use DVD-Based NAV's instead of CD. There are some reliability issues, and you probably should get the Parktronic. Double-Parking the S-Class is no easy job. I have several scratches to prove it. I would check-out Edmunds for more help with your decision. Sorry about the long wait for a reply.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Isnt double parking when you take up two parking spaces? If it is then how did you manage ...

Isnt double parking when you take up two parking spaces? If it is then how did you manage to hit two cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OOPS! My Bad!

Sorry, I should have put Parallel Parking. Pardon the mistake, I haven't been very focused the past few days. Another Suggestion that I have is the color you choose. My S500 is Silver, and I swear people just don't see it! The car has about two dent's on the Passenger side door, a huge dent on the left corner of the bumper, MAJOR dent caused on the Driver's Rear Door, and lastly a dent on the passanger door caused by my daughter's friend. They had a fight, and she threw a huge stone at my S500 and you know the rest! But, people just have a problem seeing this car. Maybe it's me, but the folks at http://www.siennaclub.org can tell you this!
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
96 Posts
why did she throw a rock at your S5OO, its not your your fault they were fighting. What did your daughter do when she did that to your car?

·
Registered
719 Posts
They are nice cars. Really. The only problem is the expense at which they will cost when something breaks out of warranty. After 50K or 4 years, standard. Then of course there is also the option of the starmark program which lasts 7 years and 100K miles. Really expensive, I've heard.

Comparing a Lexus LS430 or a BMW (now "Bangalian Motor Works" not Bavarian) is not fair. The Mercedes has Soul. It'll bond better with you than those cars ever will. And at least, when you walk away from it, you will find yourself staring back at it smiling, knowing you made a wise purchase.

This car will become your best friend.[:D]

Congratulations, and I hope it serves you well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess she got really mad, and she thought that throwing a rock at my car would be a good form of revenge? Anyways, the parent's paid to get it repaired and their friends now. So everyone's happy. RAJBHAT, If you are going to spend all that $$$ for an S430, why not spend a few thousand more for S500?
Regarding the 745Li and LS430, you should test drive one before giving your lame ass opinion,jazorah. Are you saying that only BENZES have souls, hell no! When you look back at a BMW or Lexus you feel proud,too. I must admit, though, If I were given the choice of choosing between Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus, I would get the Benz. Because I have driven them since I can remember.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I see you own a 745iL. To each his own, anyway. When people call my models junk I don't take it personally and slay swares across the board. I ask them why they believe what they believe.

I have ridden, not driven, in all three, and the Mercedes has the best vision, the best body, and a V8 engine that will last 300K + miles. That is my definition of "Soul".

·
Registered
CL600; Porsche C4S
20 Posts
I truly enjoy my '01 S430. It now has 82,000 miles and has had only a few problems that have been covered under warranty.

I'll be replacing it by early spring and have decided to get another MB. Over the last month or so I've considered and/or driven the A8, 745, Lexus, and even the new VW Phaeton. For my needs, including daily commuting 60 miles each way, the S-class is great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts