Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the information. That will help a lot. As GPS goes, GPS cables are simple 2 wire cables. If I can convert the connector going to the original antenna, what would be the reason that it wouldn't work ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally did it comand upgrade

Well I did it with a lot of hassle at first, I originally bought an s320 2004 for parts, had a widescreen comand but used the most system, after ripping out the fibre optics and other wiring looms, got it all working, the problem was that I had a Bose sound system so had to chop and change the speaker wires, but because Bose speakers are lower resistance it sounded crap. So I bought a 2003 comand, rewired my speakers back to the Bose amp, swopped a few wires in the connectors, soldered the gps antenna wires to the blue plug, turned on and hey presto all working, steering wheel controls, dashboard display, sat nav and the best bit my bose sound system, so for anyone trying to upgrade from a standard comand to a widescreen with Bose sound system you have to buy the 2003 command, only that one works with d2b it's not as good as the 2004 head unit but it sounds better, the 2014 Dx navigation disks work in it too, good luck.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I am about to undertake this, i. e. a COMAND 2.0 wide-screen installation, on the project 2000 S500. This is because the project 2000 S500's COMAND 2.5 has gone kaput. Looks like I'll be soldering the GPS antenna wires to the blue plug. Thanks for the heads-up on this.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I am going to try this conversion also on my 2001 S500.

Chris, is the "SPEED SIGNAL CONVERTER" still available on your website?
Thanks

David

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Not made anymore..Thats the big problem...
Yep, so I learned a couple days ago. Emailed you and nope, not available anymore, unfortunately.

According to Simon Harper's post, apparently nav does work after the solder job. Worth a shot. The only other viable alternative I see is a rip-and-replace with one of those new Android units, which come with their own GPS antennas anyway.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Yep, so I learned a couple days ago. Emailed you and nope, not available anymore, unfortunately.

According to Simon Harper's post, apparently nav does work after the solder job. Worth a shot. The only other viable alternative I see is a rip-and-replace with one of those new Android units, which come with their own GPS antennas anyway.
Yeah its get a gps signal but it still dont know your driving without the speed signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what purpose are you using it? To convert what to what?
Cause I don't have gps- speed signal converter to starts- Chris from sweden will not have any more converters. Cd works ok. GPS Antena too. I have got empyt C2 pin 6 slot- speed signal.
Probably i need CXS CAN Speed Pulse Converter cause nawigation calculate route but there is no move on the screen.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,837 Posts
OK, that clarifies the matter. However, I am sorry not to know the answer. I hope someone can help.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts
About this Discussion
173 Replies
32 Participants
Skylaw
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing