Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 120 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Doing the 2003 to 2000 this week

Chris,

I just got a 2003 Navigation unit from Steve MBenzNL from eBay.
Also have spare A, C1, C2 and E cables, again from eBay.

Have all the cable color coding and will take photos during the install. Great to practice on the spare connectors. I think I will leave the
C1, and E connectors alone and just remove the 7 wires from the old C2 into the spare C2 connector.

I am changing this in for two reasons, the aux input for my iPod so I can replace the CD changer,
and for the later navigation CD's. I want the navigation working.

How do I order the C3 facelifting speed converter for my 2000 S500?

How much is it in US dollars, and can I pay using PayPal?

Also installing a Parrot 3200 LS for bluetooth cellphone reception. Has the ISO connectors, need to swap all the power lines in the ISO connectors to match the Mercedes "A" connector.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks Chris, I ordered the converter.

Got the radio working etc in about 10 minutes.

just moved the blue wire at pin 7 to pin 10 on the new C2 connector.
Then moved Cab B shield pin 11 to pin 7 on new connector.
Next moved white wire at pin 15 Cab B L to pin 8 on the new C2 connector
Moved green wire at pin 16 Cab B H to pin 9 on the new C2 connector

With old 2.5 nav unit I could not access the CD changer, always stated changer empty.
Still have the same message with new 2003 Comand 2.0.

Any ideas on what is wrong? I put a new ch magazine in and it still did not work.

·
Registered
253 Posts
trying to get Navigation to work Comand 2.0 in 2000 S500

Chris, I recieved the speed converter for the 16:9 2003 Comand.
But there are no instructions.
There are 6 wires, and the module has the colors in another language other than english. And it lists only 4 colors
ROT : 12 VDC is this red?
Schwarz : masse
Gelb : Can - High
Blau : Can Low (blue?)

Which connector do these go to, which pins?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there - it is good to see that a number of people are attempting updates and retrofits of comand systems. I am still hoping to complete this however, I am still not clear on the part list required. I will not be carrying out the work myself, but, a friend who works for MB said he would do if I get the parts.

I have a 99 S320 with the standard radio cassette and ideally want to move to comand 2.0 my2003 which I understand is the best upgrade to attempt. Comand 2.5 is no simpler (I originally thought that the 2.5 would be direct replacement plug n play).

In making such a jump from Cassette Audio 30 to Comand 2.0 My2003 I understand there are a number of wiring changes required. Has anyone ever built a conversion harness, or would be willing to build a conversion harness to make this plug n play and what would they charge? (or does one already exist?)

Or, can anyone outline in simple terms the steps for conversion? I know that there a load of us who would really appreciate this help.

It would be great to build a simple set of reference steps which could be then pinned in this forum.

Thanks in advance.
/
PS. any more news on the mbsca replacement system which is an aftermarket mercedes look pc based system?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Chris need help for speed converter

Chris,
No where in the previous 11 pages are the pins for the speed converter listed. BLOCK never intended to use the GPS function.

I see pin 6 in C2 connector is for speed signal, which wire from your speed converter?

Pins 17 and 18 were not used from 2.5 to 2.0

I can have this wirking in minutes if you post the pins and colors of wires from your speed converter.

Thank you

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Chris, I recieved the speed converter for the 16:9 2003 Comand.
But there are no instructions.
There are 6 wires, and the module has the colors in another language other than english. And it lists only 4 colors
ROT : 12 VDC is this red?
Schwarz : masse
Gelb : Can - High
Blau : Can Low (blue?)

Which connector do these go to, which pins?
Red is 12V
Black is ground
Gelb is yellow
Blau is blue.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Chris,
Which pins do they go to?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Chris,
Please give instructions for the speed converter. You are selling a device without any instructions, which I believe is wrong.

I am out a lot of money and have been waiting for your instruction for some time now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Chris, I have a printout of the 2.5 comand. How does that help?

There are still wires from the A, C1, C2 and E cables. Obviously A isn't used for the speed converter. Comand 2.0 uses C2 pin 6 for the speed converter, but pin 6 on Comand 2.5 is
To Plug E/25 Shield 15 CAN-B L.

Comand E connector (Nav Unit) pin 7 Speed Signal Left, pin 20 Speed Signal Right
But what goes to what on the speed converter.

Right now I am out a lot of money for something with "no instructions"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi there - it is good to see that a number of people are attempting updates and retrofits of comand systems. I am still hoping to complete this however, I am still not clear on the part list required. I will not be carrying out the work myself, but, a friend who works for MB said he would do if I get the parts.

I have a 99 S320 with the standard radio cassette and ideally want to move to comand 2.0 my2003 which I understand is the best upgrade to attempt. Comand 2.5 is no simpler (I originally thought that the 2.5 would be direct replacement plug n play).

In making such a jump from Cassette Audio 30 to Comand 2.0 My2003 I understand there are a number of wiring changes required. Has anyone ever built a conversion harness, or would be willing to build a conversion harness to make this plug n play and what would they charge? (or does one already exist?)

Or, can anyone outline in simple terms the steps for conversion? I know that there a load of us who would really appreciate this help.

It would be great to build a simple set of reference steps which could be then pinned in this forum.

Thanks in advance.
/
PS. any more news on the mbsca replacement system which is an aftermarket mercedes look pc based system?
Hi there,

Do you have any update on your conversion project?
I'm from Hong Kong and also considering to do something similar. I. not owning any W220 yet but considering to buy either one of them after shopping for a while: 1999 S500 (Audio 10) or 2002 S500 (Audio 30).
Initially I was thinking to upgrade the cassette deck to Command2.5 but changed my mind since you told me converting to command 2.5 is not easier than 2.0. I understand the most difficult part is to do the cable connections so I'm very interested with your latest update with your car.

In addition, do I need to change the amplifier or buy any additional modules since I'm not starting from Command 2.5? Any information about the conversion from audio 10 or 30 to command 2.5/2.0 will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Car is sold LONG time ago....Years..I,ll say it is close to impossible to do this swap..So complicated. I think it is easier with the new aftermarket units comming out this autum.
Hi mbsca, do you mean the one already listing on your store or something new will pop up in coming autumn (another 8 months later)?

thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it's the one listing at the store which comes with the cable harness for doing plug & play even for the one din Audio 10 or 30, it will be perfect. Is that possible?

101 - 120 of 174 Posts