Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, i will try one more time tomorrow. I hope it will solve problem. I just thought without speed sensor Front TV may not work because of cant check speed ?

What brand and where i must buy this converter ? I need buy one asap .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, Then i will make order. I hope its ready in stock because this retrofit started being a headache to me. I want end it as fast as possible.

By the way you said me wrong not 17-18-... 15-16 must be moved to 8-9
Because 17-18 is RB-CAN L&H while 8-9 is only CAN-LO , CAN Hi ( Steering wheel etc. ) and 15-16 is Can-Lo, Can Hi too. So I will move 15-16 to 8-9 yes ? I hope im right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok. i ll order it tomorrow. I think that steering control will be working when moved 15-16 to 8-9.
But Still missing in me - C1 pin need 5/6 power cd changer + - and we dont have this pins anywhere. maybe from Connector E - I will take first pin is GND and 14 pin is +12v and plug them to c1 / 5/6 as cd changer. What do you think ?

Also I saw that in Connector A there must be on pin 6/7 KI.15R iginition and KI. 58d Illumination.
So Therefore it dont start when i turn on iginition ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
On my car I have never done these and so would you not have to. CD-changer and ignition goes over can-bus and D2B....So as I said..Most of this will solve it self with the movement of 15-16. The speed signal converter goes on these can-bus cables and converts all signals and not just the speed signal but signals to wheel and so on. Trust me on this. Just move them and install the converter..Voila!!

Never move more pins then necessary !

·
Registered
27 Posts
New updates from Office.

I just moved pin 15-16 to 8-9 and YES!!! Ignition Wake up , power off, steering wheel control works wery good now.

Whats didn't work still ;

1- Phone Didn't work.
2- CD Changer still not works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thinking about the phone now. It works in hand but it doesnt work on command. I saw a pin on layout of 2.5 comand. In Connector E which we not using in new comand. Theres pin 19 "To CTEL Wake up" Probably this was running the phone before on old command. But Where i will move it ?

For CD Changer you said that i need put it cd power + and - to c1 but old comand dotn have such pin like - and + of cd changer.

Please let me know, After end this cd changer and phone problem, i can take a deep breath and relax.

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
You seem to miss the C2 conector..So you have to buy that one and pin it.
Thanks. So if I understood correctly, I have all of the required connectors which should literally plug straight into the new Comand 2.0, with the exception of the C2 connector which I am missing?

My understanding is the C2 Connector contains:
Pin 01 - Wake up
Pin 02 - Sound TV right
Pin 03 - Sound TV GND
Pin 04 - Aux in Right
Pin 05 - Aux in GND
Pin 06 - speedsensor
Pin 07 - interior CAN shield
Pin 08 - interior CAN lo (steering wheel buttons)
Pin 09 - interior CAN high (steering wheel buttons)
Pin 10 - B2B wakeup
Pin 11 - Sound TV left
Pin 12 - Sound TV shield
Pin 13 - Aux left in
Pin 14 - Aux in shield
Pin 15 - reverse signal
Pin 16 - Can shield
Pin 17 - Can lo
Pin 18 - Can high

If I buy such a connector, where would I wire it in to get all of the above?
If I tried to install without the C2 would the until work at all? I assume that I would just loose aux inputs, steering wheel controls and TV?

Also, if I am missing C2, surely I am missing C1?
Pin 01 - TV Red
Pin 02 - TV Green
Pin 03 - TV Blue
Pin 04 - Video GND
Pin 05 - Power for CD GND
Pin 06 - Power for CD +
Pin 07 - RGB V-Sync
Pin 08 - RGB Shield

And would all of the other cables fit directly?
- D2B cable
- Speaker connector
- Power Connector
- Aerial

I guess what would be great is if I could get a close up photo of the back of a Comand 2.0 so that I can see which of my cables would fit direct. I have the following connector blocks at the back of my current unit - which I think are:
(1) Speakers
(2) Power & ignition wake up
(3) Power to CD player
(4) D2B
(5) Aerial
(6) Small metal stud connector with a single black wire - optical cable? Second Aerial cable? not sure what it is?

Would this cable from ebay help?
CAN Bus Adapter Mercedes Comand 2.0 W210 W163 W203 W202 on eBay (end time 13-Mar-10 15:14:47 GMT)

Thanks in advance. If it were possible to list out:
1) which cables I have on mine
2) whether they directly fit the Comand 2.0
3) which additional cables I would need and where I would wire these in

It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally All works and The Job is end.

The problem was because of 15-16 pins and d2b wake up cable. We connected it in Star Diag at mercedes dealer and it showed problem. we replaced pin of cable and it works amazing now.

Also No any converter and interface needed. For TV , i needed cut head of connector D and fit there C1 connector pins then it worked too. Also Mercedes dealer activated Tv-Release option on motion. So TV works all the time in motion and in park.

i don't need to use Navigation,therefore speed converter is not necessary.

P.S Phone and CD Changer works after replace 10. pin at c2. Mine was damaged. Others may no need to do this.

Thanks very much Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
My next job will be
Ipod or 30GB HDD fitting to comand. Then i can listen musics from Harddisk.

But i leave this to 2-3 months later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
BLOCK - the sense of relief must be enormous. I am as happy for you as if I had achieved that myself. It has made me think that it may be possible for me to complete. Though, I think that I will need a lot of guidance and help. Shame I can't just pay someone to fit it for me.

Did you manage to take a look at my pictures I posted? It would be great if you could advise and provide some simple instructions based on your experience on what parts I might need, how to shift the pins so that it works. Any help and guidance would be really appreciated. Likewise, any photos you have taken that would give me a close up of the back of your Comand 2.5 and 2.0 units, would be really helpful so that I can see what I need to fit.

I am really surprised that there are not converters available. I would have thought that Mercedes would have put in a standard loom and then just changed connectors via an adapter to suit whichever head unit is installed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Glassdome Sclass I am finally happy with new view. And I think you must do too. I didn't collect WIS document of your audio 30 device to see pin layout and connectors yet but I made some photos to cables for you and others. You will see on pics and decide yourself for now. But Best will be when we have your unit's WIS document. Actually its not so hard to do but when you forgot to move most important 2 pin and damage wake up pin ,yes then its very difficult:) otherwise theres not too much job if someone give you all info as step by step. I will write here soon all steps i done. Now i feel very tired.

I will submit pics of cables here when i take them from dig camera memory.

·
Registered
63 Posts
BLOCK - that's great. Go and get some rest and enjoy watching some TV in the car. I really look forward to your instructions and photos. I will start to plan my system change.

Chris - any further thoughts on the pin details I listed and also the ease of moving from a 1999 s320 Audio 30 set up straight to Comand 2.0?

Cheers

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Finally All works and The Job is end.

The problem was because of 15-16 pins and d2b wake up cable. We connected it in Star Diag at mercedes dealer and it showed problem. we replaced pin of cable and it works amazing now.

Thanks very much Chris.
I told you all would work with the can-bus fixed..;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is all so great. I will do this on my 2000 S500 but I dont think a tv tuner will help as they no longer have analog tv signal here in the U.S. I am more interested in DVD anyway but would I still need an external DVD player? Also do you guys still have the display in the gauges?

1) Would tv tuner work without analog tv signal
2) Does this command unit play dvd's or will I need external dvd player?
3) will I see functions such as nav directions, radio station and disc # in the gauge display in dash?

Thanks
NATHAN

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hello!

1. No. Useless.
2. No unit that fits cars before 2003 has DVD. Only CD. You have to buy a external DVD that is controled from the comand facia.
3. Yes of course if you have nav before. If not you have to program it to se the arrows for nav. Radio and so on always works.

·
Registered
85 Posts
1) Tv tuner--thanks
2) What external DVD player could I control from the face of the command center?
3) could an ipod or harddrive be controlled by the face of the command center?
4) what harddrive could be controlled from the face of the command center?

I definatley would prefer to only be using the command center or steering wheel to control EVERYTHING.

Thanks
Nathan

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
61 - 80 of 174 Posts
About this Discussion
173 Replies
32 Participants
Skylaw
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing