Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
As it goes, we both got back early today and it was still light enough to take the current unit out, so gave it a go before it got too dark to take photos. The pictures are not great, but, hopefully you will be able to see the leads and connectors available.

I have taken the photos in a couple of batches as there are quite a few. Also took some photos of the area behind the radio to show the fitting space available and the bar which currently holds the radio that would need to be removed (I assume that it unscrews from somewhere?).

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
BLOCK - that is stunning and probably well worth the effort and pain you had to go through to get there. Did you get it fully working? Including the CD and sat nav?

I don't suppose you have any photos of the back or the wiring do you? I would like to compare with the cables I have in the back of mine. Or, if you have any thoughts on the cable sets at the back of my unit in my photos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes but still no fully working. I am checking to Dietz Interfaces from Germany now. I will buy a multimedia interface. Wake up , phone, cd changer , Front TV, steering wheel control don't work yet. Tomorrow mercedes will start on Star Diagnosis and check error codes. but I am sure that for TV, I will need multimedia interface. Because old comand 2.5's TV Cable so different than 2.0. I also checked your photos but i would not comment on it. But I am sure 2 of cables are same with mine. I also research same for your car too. If i find something adapter, i will submit. Its really easier to buy a converter or adapter than changing pins and lose functions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chris, You mean if i install speed converter/ speed pulse then all of rest functions will work ? Wake up, lightining, cd changer, phone, front Tv, Steering wheel control. On speed converter theres plug for Tv cable which is gray and 6 pin?

·
Registered
CLS 500 CKM
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wake up, lightining, cd changer, Steering wheel control will work..The rest is no interface and PLEASE trust me..There is nothing Star Diagnose can do..Just a wasre of money. Dietz can not help eighter...There is nothong in the market for this. I am like the only one done this swap and I have done it 4 times now with no prob.

Same with phone..Dont know what kind you have but mine worked...when it comes to the TV you mean that the TV module in the back dont show where? I though you said it worled now?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I understand you chris but I mean the interface for TV. Well OEM Mercedes original tv tuner is on vehicle and scren in rear shows tv correctly because its not depended to front command. But to watch tv on front, i need put RGB Video Cables to C1 connector. After i moved pins, now c1 connector is totaly empty on new comand. Because all c1 pins needed to move to c2. And In new comand pinouts, c1 has Tv video RGB pins but Comand 2.5 has tv pins ( Tv Video ) on Connector D and check out connector, thats gray one cable marked with black; It is an Connector D and has TV Video pins.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please check the list which i did move. and theres 2 more but i dont remember.

I dont know how to move pins from D connector ? I turned that cable house but i saw its not like small pins like others on c1.

Btw should i change 17 and 18 pins?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. Wheres Cd Changer Pins ? Theres no so something in pinout layout of comand 2.5 old
2. How i will move that 6 pin in D connector which are (RGB- video red, video green, blue,gnd, sync.) That gray cable inside pins can fit to c1 easily ?
3. What i will move on list more ?

·
Registered
CLS 500 CKM
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
1. Wheres Cd Changer Pins ? Theres no so something in pinout layout of comand 2.5 old
2. How i will move that 6 pin in D connector which are (RGB- video red, video green, blue,gnd, sync.) That gray cable inside pins can fit to c1 easily ?
3. What i will move on list more ?
1, I though you did the 17 and 18 thing..This probebly solves this problem.
2, You need to buy pins and fix them your self.

41 - 60 of 174 Posts