Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
s430
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP WANTED!!! S430 - Additional Climate Control Menu (not Charcoal button)

Hi All

This is my first post but would like some guidance on a menu i found on the climate control module.... here goes:

1 hold down the REST button and Recycled Air Button for about 8 second
2 it brings up a menu with.... what looks like a choke logo(please confirm). What i want to know is... what are the numbers representing...?:confused::confused:
3 use the hi or low left (to change item)
4 use the hi and low right (to adjust setting)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks all......

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is a well known feature. I've found some keys to the codes (i.e. what parameter is being displayed) but I've never found anyone, even MB technicians who have a complete list of what they all mean. Also, as far as I am aware, this is only a display/repeater, you can not modify any settings or give any commands through this function.

LR

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
This is a well known feature. I've found some keys to the codes (i.e. what parameter is being displayed) but I've never found anyone, even MB technicians who have a complete list of what they all mean. Also, as far as I am aware, this is only a display/repeater, you can not modify any settings or give any commands through this function.

LR
Do a search and do not be so lazy, it is all here on the forum. Check out the E class forum and see:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 ML500
38 Posts
Hey guys, this hidden menu is used to check all the fault codes in your ac system, and also allows you to erase them which in turn unlocks the ac compressor if youve ever ran out of freon. Just did this last week to refill the freon and it was a great, dealers were trying to charge me to reset with star diag, but i did it myself

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do a search and do not be so lazy, it is all here on the forum. Check out the E class forum and see:thumbsup:
Hey there Eric,

Despite the snide response, thanks for your input, but I think you misunderstand. I am not talking about the AC diagnostic function which can also be activated by the REST button. I'm talking about the 90 or so parameters displayed otherwise, by just holding it down for a few seconds and using the temp arrows to scroll through it. If I recall correctly each separate parameter is labeled V1, V2, V3, etc.... I'm not the only one who has not been able to find the definitions of these parameters. See, for example, here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1379706-there-key-information-displayed-through-rest.html

Now, if you're aware of somewhere that has these that I've missed through my "laziness" I'd be much indebted to you to point it out such a location.

Best regards,

LR

·
52,804 Posts
Hey there Eric,

Despite the snide response, thanks for your input, but I think you misunderstand. I am not talking about the AC diagnostic function which can also be activated by the REST button. I'm talking about the 90 or so parameters displayed otherwise, by just holding it down for a few seconds and using the temp arrows to scroll through it. If I recall correctly each separate parameter is labeled V1, V2, V3, etc.... I'm not the only one who has not been able to find the definitions of these parameters. See, for example, here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1379706-there-key-information-displayed-through-rest.html

Now, if you're aware of somewhere that has these that I've missed through my "laziness" I'd be much indebted to you to point it out such a location.

Best regards,

LR
Wallop, and that put the book firmly back in my hands thank you:D I will take a serious look for them this evening, having lunch just now:thumbsup:

·
52,804 Posts
You got the answer in post 5. But if you want to try the other test press and hold the rest button only whilst AC is on and you will find another list of readings you can scroll up with the left and down with the right and here is what they mean;

Display on left Description

0 AAC in-car temperature sensor (operating module)
1 Overhead control panel for in-car temperature sensor
2 Outside temperature sensor
3 Left heater-exchanger in car temperature sensor
4 Right heater-exchanger in-car temperature sensor
5 Evaporator core sensor
6 Engine temperature
N Refrigerant pressure
8 R134A refrigerant in-car temperature sensor
10 Blower control voltage
15 Average insolation value between 0 and 125%
16 Carbon monoxide value between 0 and 1023
17 Nitrogen oxide value between 0 and 1023
18 Dew point temperature
20 Fan output value between 0 and 100%
21 Engine speed
22 Ground speed
24 Battery voltage
27 Left hand potentiometer engine speed value between 0 and 100%
28 Centre potentiometer engine speed value between 0 and 100%
29 Right hand potentiometer engine speed value between 0 and 100%
30 Temp of blow air in left rear passenger-compartment
31 Temp of blow air in left rear passenger-compartment
32 Temp of evaporator core in rear passenger compartment
33 Blower voltage in rear passenger-compartment
34 Specified temperature in left rear passenger-compartment
35 Specified temperature in right rear passenger-compartment
40 Left hand defroster door value (open/closed plain text at limit stop)
41 Right hand defroster door value (open/closed plain text at limit stop)
42 Left hand footwell flap value between 0 and 100%
43 Right hand footwell flap value between 0 and 100%
44 Left hand blend flap value between 0 and 100%
45 Right hand blend flap value between 0 and 100%
46 Left hand diverter flap 0 and 100%
47 Right hand diverter flap value 0 and 100%
48 Recirculation door 0 and 100%
49 AKF bypass flap 0 and 100%
50 AAC Software
51 AAC Hardware
52 Software for rear passenger compartment air conditioning
53 Hardware for rear passenger compartment air conditioning
54 Software for stepper motor unit
55. Hardware for stepper motor unit
56 Software for centre nozzle
57 Hardware for center nozzle
58 Software for multifunction sensor
59 Hardware for multifunction sensor
60 Sofware for day-brightness sensor
61 Hardware for day-brightness sensor

·
52,804 Posts
Hey guys, this hidden menu is used to check all the fault codes in your ac system, and also allows you to erase them which in turn unlocks the ac compressor if youve ever ran out of freon. Just did this last week to refill the freon and it was a great, dealers were trying to charge me to reset with star diag, but i did it myself
I will elaborate on this gents post after I have finished reading the whole section on this type of test:thumbsup:

·
Registered
s430
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
All... Many thanks for responding...but... I am NOT referring to the following:

* REST button (Pressed ) alone to review the NXX. details
* REST + Carbon Filter Button (Pressed) for Aircon Diagnostics and reset.

I am referring to the REST and RECYCLE button that brings up the following logo /*/ (but horizontal) and only goes up to N14.00, Eric perhaps you can shed some light on this query?

Many thanks for the replies.

MAC

·
52,804 Posts
All... Many thanks for responding...but... I am NOT referring to the follow

I am referring to the REST and RECYCLE button that brings up the following logo /*/ and only goes up to N14.00, Eric perhaps you can shed some light on this query?

MAC
I sure can, but I would need to read the appropriate section on WIS first, maybe in the morning as I am at home now. The thing is I always use DAS so I have never bothered with the on-board diagnostics, but I do have access to that info, will let you know.

·
Registered
s430
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eric Have you forgotten about my query???

Eric

I was expecting some information to help with the understanding of query.... are you still able to help?

Regards

TPP

·
52,804 Posts
Eric

I was expecting some information to help with the understanding of query.... are you still able to help?

Regards

TPP
Sorry, I can find nothing, but am still looking.

·
Registered
S320
125 Posts
All... Many thanks for responding...but... I am NOT referring to the following:

I am referring to the REST and RECYCLE button that brings up the following logo /*/ (but horizontal) and only goes up to N14.00, Eric perhaps you can shed some light on this query?

MAC

I just had a look at that menu....new one on me:confused:

It shows ...........aus and zu in 12 and 13. Aus is German for from, and zu is German for to

Then there is an option to increase the percentage of something.........possibly aircon settings ??

·
Registered
98 ML320, 01 S500, 15 GL350
585 Posts
thanks Eric for posting the list! Can anyone also post the spec. of the value? so we would know which part failed.

·
Registered
MB E240 Elegance
17 Posts
Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is any hidden menus on W220 that can display the information on how full the dpf is clogged up?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks,

David.

·
Registered
s430
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No Longer Hidden

Hi All

It is .... The A/C Flap and Compression adjustment menu.
each number represent different flap adjustments.

Thanks

TPP

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz S 430 (W220) 1999 Dutch car
9 Posts
No airco on the right side

Hi all,

My problem is that on the right side (drivers side) i have no airco. I have air but no airco. When i put on both sides LO and on the top blower on blue you can feel a differance of +/- 5 degrees Celcius between the right side and the left side.

As far as i've been reading on this site i think the temerature sensors are all working.

Anybody got any idea what the problem might be???

Thanks in advance,

Bori$

BTW: S430 (W220) - 1999 NL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts