1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
09 CLS 550 Capri Blue on cashmere, 07 E350 black on cashmere
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Not sure where to start here.
I was out of town for the past 4 days and left my car at the airport. When I returned it was noticibly sagging in the rear. Possibly the front also but not as obvious.
When I started it, the suspension pumped up and returned to normal height.
The temp. at the airport over those 4 days was between 5 and 35 degrees F. I had a great 90 minute ride home and the car sat overnight.
The next morning the rear was sitting down again.
I'm not getting any malfunction messages and when the car is running, the height and ride is normal.
This is a brand new issue. No problems with the suspension up to this.
I expect the air circuit is leaking, hence the collapse.
Any suggestions as to what to do next?

Thanks,
Rick
02 S430, 98k miles.

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
If you hear the airmatic motor running while you're driving, it is most likely a sign of a leak. If your airmatic just lowers from sitting overnight but doesn't sag to the ground, it sounds completely normal.

·
Registered
09 CLS 550 Capri Blue on cashmere, 07 E350 black on cashmere
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That is good news.
I've driven the car for 3 months now and haven't had this symptom. Perhaps the cold temps are causing it. This makes sense to me.
Thanks again,
Rick

·
Registered
W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
2,157 Posts
Rick, Keep watching the issue, the seals are weak but not to the point of warning message. If you never replace the struts' seals for 94K, you must be really lucky compare to most of us here. Cross your fingers.

·
Registered
2003, S500 with Distronic and Parktronic, Base model.
11 Posts
Front Right Strut Sagging

Hi all,

I have a W220, 2003 S500 with ABC and I see the front right end sagging when parked for more than 3 hours. When I turn the ignition on and put it to drive mode, it comes right back up. Ride is great. I read within this thread and tried to purchase the strut seal kit and it clearly says, "Not for cars with ABC"... so there you go.. What do I do? what seems to be the issue here ? It does not give any errors. It has done about 88K miles. Help anyone?

E

·
Registered
02 S500
111 Posts
Steady when your car sags with abc it means your valve block needs attention. There are quite a few members that have taken there valve blocks out , cleaned them and replaced the o rings then reinstalled with great luck . There is also a YouTube video on this . Goodluck

·
Registered
02 S500
111 Posts
Rick keep a close eye on it , your struts and seals are probably worn if they have not been serviced in 90k . The cold weather has been dropping my s500 slightly but no messages on the dash or any problems while driving .goodluck

·
Registered
2003, S500 with Distronic and Parktronic, Base model.
11 Posts
Steady when your car sags with abc it means your valve block needs attention. There are quite a few members that have taken there valve blocks out , cleaned them and replaced the o rings then reinstalled with great luck . There is also a YouTube video on this . Goodluck
Thank you So Much Benzo. Apppreciate it.. I will try it when it gets a little warmer here.. I did take a look at the video. Will just have to muster up the guts to do it myself.. Thanx a lot !!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts