Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CL55 AMG & 1997 SL500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I need to fix the rear window regulator, i hear the motor but the window isnt opening. Are there steps out there to help me remove the panels to gain access? Ive gotten as far as the 3 screws and the handle removal but dont want to try forcing anything.
Thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
I have miss laid the one you want, I tried to upload the window part on how to adjust but file is too big

I will try and fine the panel instructions

·
Registered
31 Posts
You might need to replace or reset your rear window module. Its located under the rear right hand side seat. Take the seat bottom off (there is a small latch that you push on the bottom of the seat, then just pull it up. There will be foam under where the seat was, cut this open and you will see a black rectangular box with 2 sockets going into it, this is the rear window control unit (the control unit is around 20cm * 10cm * 2cm in size), unplug the 2 sockets for 5 minutes, then plug it back in again. Hopefully this should solve your problem. I have just had to do this to my car, but my control box was dead so I had to buy one from the dealer... £300 in the UK, probably around $500 in the USA! Hope to help. Quite a common problem on the CL.

·
Registered
2000 CL55 AMG & 1997 SL500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might need to replace or reset your rear window module. Its located under the rear right hand side seat. Take the seat bottom off (there is a small latch that you push on the bottom of the seat, then just pull it up. There will be foam under where the seat was, cut this open and you will see a black rectangular box with 2 sockets going into it, this is the rear window control unit (the control unit is around 20cm * 10cm * 2cm in size), unplug the 2 sockets for 5 minutes, then plug it back in again. Hopefully this should solve your problem. I have just had to do this to my car, but my control box was dead so I had to buy one from the dealer... £300 in the UK, probably around $500 in the USA! Hope to help. Quite a common problem on the CL.
Thanks for the response. I can hear the motor when i try opening so there is life in it.Do you still think it could be the control box?

·
Registered
2005 CL600
1 Posts
Old thread, same problem. I'm not sure what I'm looking for under the rear seat. Is it the seat behind the drivers side? Anybody have a photo of the module? Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Cl600 under full restoration after accident, 1993 3000GT
96 Posts
You lift the rear passenger seat, there is a spring on the front bottom.

Then you need a knife to carefully cut a hole in the insulation foam - don't worry you just tug the foam back when you are finished.

The control unit is black around 20cm long and 10cm wide with two big electrical connections here is a link for one for sale:

2000 2006 Mercedes W215 CL600 CL500 CL55 Rear Window Control Module 2158202326 | eBay

The symptoms of a broken control unit is that the rear windows both sides don't react or react poorly.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts