Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E350 (W211)
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice 2012 E350 in Excellent condition but bad torque converter for repair or part out. White with camel interior - 169K miles. Body and interior fine and all service records. Drivable, but TC slipping and repair too expensive compared to value of car to make sense. located in Raleigh, NC. Pictures available if interested. Contact: [email protected] or call Chris with your best offer at 919.866.8742.

Attachments

·
Registered
W211 wagon believer
29 Posts
With that mileage isn't this worth around like $11k-ish? Was the torque converter replacement right around cost that from a dealer? What about a good independent shop? Sucks the car is fine otherwise. Good luck.

·
Registered
2006 E350 (W211)
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With that mileage isn't this worth around like $11k-ish? Was the torque converter replacement right around cost that from a dealer? What about a good independent shop? Sucks the car is fine otherwise. Good luck.
it IS a shame (it’s my sister’s car). Two different Indy’s have quoted ~8K$. If I was younger and had a lift, I‘d buy a torque converter and do it myself, but…

·
Registered
W211 wagon believer
29 Posts
it IS a shame (it’s my sister’s car). Two different Indy’s have quoted ~8K$. If I was younger and had a lift, I‘d buy a torque converter and do it myself, but…
I see. Ehh I don't think I'd want to DIY that job either.

Is this issue common in W212's? I thought the potential thing the 7spd was known for was the plate thing (forget the whole name of it).

·
Registered
2006 E350 (W211)
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see. Ehh I don't think I'd want to DIY that job either.

Is this issue common in W212's? I thought the potential thing the 7spd was known for was the plate thing (forget the whole name of it).
Good question. I have a 2006 W211 with the same transmission in an immaculate well maintained, alway garaged E350 that I intend to die with, so I hope not. Torque converters used to be simple devices, but not anymore with lock up clutches. I’m careful to do regular Transmission/TC fluid and filter changes, even though MB says one change at 39K miles and never again. I even called corporate and got the same answer - I think that’s BS.

·
Registered
W211 wagon believer
29 Posts
Is your 2006 a sedan? Anyway yes I have read/heard that too, but I would never abide by it. I would just keep doing trans fluid change every 40k miles if it were me.

·
Registered
2006 E350 (W211)
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your 2006 a sedan? Anyway yes I have read/heard that too, but I would never abide by it. I would just keep doing trans fluid change every 40k miles if it were me.
Yes it is a sedan and it is a 7 speed (722.9). I bought it new, and the factory maint. manual specified a single transmission change at 39K miles And never again (to the end of the manual). I change mine at ~every 40K miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts