Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E 320 W211
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car alarm goes off on it's for no reason. I'm able to disable it via disabling the tow alarm function, button by alarm. This makes me believe it's the tow sensor/Alarm control module, part number A211 820 96 26.
I'm aware of the alarm siren battery issue can also be the cause. I've ordered the alarm control module.

My question is where is it location? Can't find it anywhere online. Very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My car, W211, 2004 E320

Thank you...

·
Registered
87 300D 5 speed
5,737 Posts
The alarm is behind the driver's side front tire. Pull the plastic fender liner and you'll see it.

·
Registered
87 300D 5 speed
5,737 Posts
Are you positive it's the alarm control module and not just the siren?
The alarm electronics are built into the siren. I removed mine because it was way randomly triggering for no reason.

·
Registered
2004 E 320 W211
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The alarm electronics are built into the siren. I removed mine because it was way randomly triggering for no reason.
There’s an actual alarm control module. It also holds the tow sensor. On the w211 2004 e320 it’s behind the passenger rear seat back. My MB tech friend finally found it for me just minutes ago.

·
Registered
2004 E 320 W211
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There’s an actual alarm control module. It also holds the tow sensor. On the w211 2004 e320 it’s behind the passenger rear seat back. My MB tech friend finally found it for me just minutes ago.

·
Registered
2004 E 320 W211
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part # 2118209126.
Thank you. This would likely fix the problem instead of masking it. I bought a used part to test. If it fixes it I’ll likely buy a new part. Could still be the siren but I’ll try this since it was recommended by an MB master mechanic, that used to work at the training facility. Used part was only $20.

·
Registered
2004 E 320 W211
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those with the same alarm issue. The used part fixed the alarm randomly going off. Been two days since it was replaced. It definitely would have gone off again by now if not fixed. This thread shows where the alarm control module is located because I couldn’t find it anywhere online.
Good luck to others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts