Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the visor not pulling tight to the ceiling? Just recently I noticed that the visor has become loose and there is not any tension to pull tight.
Any suggestions or fixes for this problem.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
John

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you may need to replace the visor - MBUSA $204 list / 164 net (parts.com 140.30). Part is VIN specific to match interior color I can supply color code if you PM your VIN.
Does anyone know if you can just purchase the visor clips instead of buying a new visor?

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
Does anyone know if you can just purchase the visor clips instead of buying a new visor?
I am assuming visor is not staying snug to the ceiling whether clipped or not. If so the fault is within the visor itself at the end where it attaches to the ceiling of which separate parts are not available – at least as far as I know.

The only visor attachment parts available are #130 (part 1409941045, 0039948345) and the clip you mention #110 (2208100012 + VIN dependent color code) both ceiling mounted – see diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where can I get only the Visor mirror flap? Mine has broken of and it looks terrible, apart from the fact that the light doesn't work..

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
Where can I get only the Visor mirror flap? Mine has broken of and it looks terrible, apart from the fact that the light doesn't work..
You will need to purchase the entire vanity mirror cassette (#90 in diagram) passenger part # 2118110010 + VIN specific color code, driver 2118110110 MBUSA $37 list/30 net (parts.com 25.30). Pop out the old cassette and clip in the replacement. PM your email address and I will send the associated DTB inclusive of replacement instructions include your VIN if you want the color code.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies. The Sun Visor works fine except when in the closed position. It drops / droops slightly and does not close tight to the ceiling. I think it is the spring metel clips that may be shot. The visor does not hang in your driving view, just annoying that it is not close to the ceiling.

·
Where's my auto-leveling?
3,390 Posts
Thanks for your replies. The Sun Visor works fine except when in the closed position. It drops / droops slightly and does not close tight to the ceiling. I think it is the spring metel clips that may be shot. The visor does not hang in your driving view, just annoying that it is not close to the ceiling.
I had the same problem on my '06 ML. Replacement was the only option. There was no tension adjustment on the visor like older MB cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am assuming visor is not staying snug to the ceiling whether clipped or not. If so the fault is within the visor itself at the end where it attaches to the ceiling of which separate parts are not available – at least as far as I know.

The only visor attachment parts available are #130 (part 1409941045, 0039948345) and the clip you mention #110 (2208100012 + VIN dependent color code) both ceiling mounted – see diagram.
I have a 2004 E320. I have the "double" visor on each side, was it standard on this car or an option? It looks like the left side visor has been replaced (the part that has the vanity mirror) however the outside visor mount does not have a hole for the pin in the #2 (smaller) visor. The visor mount is attached to the ceiling with two screws and I can see an imprint in the headliner fabric from the old mount, which was a little longer. On the passenger side there is an extra hole in the mount, so I know what it should look like. Would you happen to know the part number for this one? My VIN is WDBUH65J14A430813, interior color is ash grey.
I went to a Mercedes used car dealer a couple days ago and they confirmed what you say above, only sold as complete visor at $200+ by Mercedes. I would buy it if I can get it cheaper from parts.com

Thanks,
Kåre

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What is the difference between #50 and #70?

My visor doesn't fit snug to the ceiling either anymore and I just wanted to unscrew this damn thing and fix it. But since kongistiger said it's not fixable I just don't fix it then!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I only have the one that goes up and down and I can unhook it to move it to the side. So that would mean I need #50 to replace mine correct?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
#50 in diagram left sun visor 21181003107F84 (parts.com 141.45), #60 right 21181004107F84 (179.40); #70 left double cover 21181005107F84 & #80 right 21181006107F84 (103.50).

Check your PM
How comes the double cover is cheaper than the single one? Don't you get a better part by using the double cover than the single one?

·
Purple Moderator
21,701 Posts
I think the for owners with the double visor we would have to get both pieces, the
main visor and the additional visor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Visor cheap trick

I just extend mine out, fold it up towards the ceiling and put it back. It stays close. It's a hassle, but I don't use it much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts