Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes E350 base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my radio suddenly is all static on the FM stations. Everything else works, CD, Nav,maps.. I went to service button and hit reset and I answered “yes” both times but the radio will not reset. I will try to pull the fuses for 15 minutes but this seems super strange. Anyone have advice?

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes E350 base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I literally went to my car. The radio reset and worked for two minutes and then back to static. 🤬

·
Registered
2008 E300 4Matic
161 Posts
I am just shooting in the dark, but I think this can happen if there is damage to the wire/optic fiber coming from the antenna.

·
Registered
2008 E300 4Matic
161 Posts
What about the AM stations, are they received ok? FM reception quality is largely affected by the antenna connection.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes E350 base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AM seems normal. I was think antenna as well but wonder how and where does it run? Thank you all.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes E350 base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dropped my car off to have a new radio installed. I bought this a couple weeks ago but was debating to install but since the radio died and decided for me I am having it done. This is made specifically for this model. I am leaving the link below to the radio and the custom made fiber optic adapter.
https://www.belsee.com/special-mercedes-benz-fiber-optic-system-extended-5m-adaptor-cable-harness-interface-of-android-car-radio-stereo-head-unit.html

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes E350 base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still having this issue. Having the mechanic check all the relays. I’ll let you all know what they find.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes E350 base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the issue. The company that installed the radio had a loose wire in the dash and it was grounding out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts