Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 100 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi,

I'm really no expert in this and the following are just guesses.
a)So far my cd changer door is not opening, meaning that it is impossible to load CDs.
b)What you can use with BD0880 is the microphone integrated in the rearview mirror. There is a cabling available.
c) ?
d)There is a HK option available for 2009 models also, but with different part number. I think the new part contains only amplifier, not AGW.

There is a cabling set available from Germany, which makes the retrofit plug-and-play. The work takes only few minutes.
I have the pin configuration for the BD0880 Quadlok if you need it.

I will go to the workshop next wednesday, then we'll see if the CAN-signalling is compatible.

I think a lot of your already retrofitted equipment will be useless if you install the new BD0880.
Thanks a lot polles.
A couple more requests
You mention cabling set available from Germany Do you know where ??
Also pin configuration for the BD0880 Quadlok would be most welcome !!
Thanks again
George

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks a lot polles.
A couple more requests
You mention cabling set available from Germany Do you know where ??
Cabling set is available from Kabel Daviko in Germany
Kabel Daviko
The webpages are in german only, but fortunately he will answer your emails in english.
What I bought was
R171/W211 Adapterset NTG 2.5 and a compatible microphone (which you don't need, since you have the pre-installed microphones).
After payment I received the articles in three days (to Scandinavia).
The cabling works 100%, seems to be good quality, and wiring equals to following Comand/Audio 20 layout.

Also pin configuration for the BD0880 Quadlok would be most welcome !!
Thanks again
George
The connector pinout for NTG 2.5 can be found here (on the second page of the .pdf)
http://geranium.neuf.fr/Assin/Comand.pdf

The handwritten numbering (next to NTG 2.5 pin numbers) equals to Audio 20 pinout (on the first page of the .pdf).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Polles

THANKS-THANKS-THANKS-THANKS-THANKS-THANKS
Info provided invaluable.

You probably made the difference between keeping the old NTG1 and selling the NTG2.5 and going forward with the upgrade.

The rest now for the final decision will be to decide to throw away the CDC and the factory fitted telephone !!!

Thanks again

P.S. Anything you need from Athens - Greece Please ask

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Poles
CAn you also confirm the following
2 x white fakra ---> RADIO ANTENNA
1 x yellow fakra --> BLUETOOTH ANTENNA
1 x green fakra ---> REVERSE CAMERA
1 x blue fakra ----> GPS ANTENNA
and
18pin black conn ---> TV TUNER (in the middle)
Thanks in advance
George

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Poles
CAn you also confirm the following
1 x green fakra ---> REVERSE CAMERA
and
18pin black conn ---> TV TUNER (in the middle)
Thanks in advance
George
What I can confirm are

since these are what are used in my configuration so far.
By testing I found out that radio will work, if the wire is in either position in white double-fakra connector.

My upgrade was from basic Audio 20 CD, so I got a lot of new features to play with.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Polles

The rest now for the final decision will be to decide to throw away the CDC and the factory fitted telephone !!!
Hi gmatj,

if you really have the Audio 20 CD cabling in your car, you could invest some 100 €uros more to NTG 2.5 adapter set, and make a testdrive with the new command.
Most propably you can always sell the BD0880 and the adapter set as a package, if you're not satisfied.

Btw, Linguatronic is not working in my configuration. The comand unit is linguatronic-capable, but car needs some more hardware (at least the lever, propably something else also).

·
Registered
265 Posts
New comand Test drive

Hi gmatj,

if you really have the Audio 20 CD cabling in your car, you could invest some 100 €uros more to NTG 2.5 adapter set, and make a testdrive with the new command.
Most propably you can always sell the BD0880 and the adapter set as a package, if you're not satisfied.

Btw, Linguatronic is not working in my configuration. The comand unit is linguatronic-capable, but car needs some more hardware (at least the lever, propably something else also).
Hi Polles
I think I am going to follow your suggestion and try the new comand.
However I still feel funny about throwing away functions I paid for (i.e. factory telephone, Ok CDC I will probably sell it etc) and the money I paid for the complex retrofit harnesses and installation charges for the NTG1 !!!!!

All this will mean that will have to sell
a) COMAND APS
b) Navi processor
c) AGW
(d) HK AGW (do not be surprised , I had just bought this to retrofit-and ofcourse can not use withv the new comand !! )
(e) CD Changer
(e) Analogue TV Tuner
(f) Digital Settop Box/ Digital Tuner.
(with a,b,c,d,e manufactured 2007)
But I suppose this is life and if you are gudget lover you will have to pay for it

Regards and thanks
George

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi George

It is quite a bunch of equipment (and money) that you will throw away...
After wednesday I should have more information of CDC's compliance (I hope).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Compare that to the best after market options and you would not need a second to figure out which one goes best with the rest of the car.
Hi Diesel Benz
I think you are 100% correct. (in my case is just a question of NTG1 -already there - or upgrade to NTG2.5!! - No other solution )

Best Regards
P.S. That is my E-class as it is at present (with NTG1 and CD changer !!)

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, I visited the workshop today.
Bad news, nothing has changed - still no information of telephone or navigation on the multifunction display, cd changer door not opening.:crybaby2:

The SDS claims that it can't communicate with Comand. This is propably a compatibility issue with hardware.

Anyhow, I thought that I could have NAV and TEL information on Instrument Cluster.
Now I have two questions for (SDS) experts:
1. Does the system need to find the equipments before you can program the vehicle?
2. Or can you just tell the vehicle that it has these systems even if SDS does not find (or communicate with) them?

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
So, I visited the workshop today.
Bad news, nothing has changed - still no information of telephone or navigation on the multifunction display, cd changer door not opening.:crybaby2:

The SDS claims that it can't communicate with Comand. This is propably a compatibility issue with hardware.

Anyhow, I thought that I could have NAV and TEL information on Instrument Cluster.
Now I have two questions for (SDS) experts:
1. Does the system need to find the equipments before you can program the vehicle?
2. Or can you just tell the vehicle that it has these systems even if SDS does not find (or communicate with) them?
I'm no SDS expert but if you are after the cluster version coding to activate the phone menu and phone buttons, I don't see why Comand would need to be present or identified. A different issue if the signalling from the cluster is understood by the new Comand and vice versa (but didn't someone already confirm this?).

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have a question. Why can't you open/close your CD changer? I mean we don't use COMAND to open/close the lid, we use the little silver button on the door!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a question. Why can't you open/close your CD changer? I mean we don't use COMAND to open/close the lid, we use the little silver button on the door!
Yes, you are right - we use the little silver button on the door. Except it does not work with NTG 2.5.

I thought there was some broken wire or loose connector when I installed the Comand at the first time. I re-tested with old Audio 20 CD, and the door opened normally. Re-installed the Comand and the door remains closed.
So there is definitely some connection between these issues.
All other buttons on the door are working normally.

I have seen another topic of this same problem - if you replace your audio with an aftermarket unit, the door does not open.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm no SDS expert but if you are after the cluster version coding to activate the phone menu and phone buttons, I don't see why Comand would need to be present or identified. A different issue if the signalling from the cluster is understood by the new Comand and vice versa (but didn't someone already confirm this?).
The problem is that I really do not know what the mechanic tried!
He just drove my car in the garage and made his rocket science for one hour.
I had no chance to see what he did or did not try, since he refused to let me monitor the programming.
Meaning this case is not closed yet.

81 - 100 of 519 Posts
About this Discussion
518 Replies
74 Participants
alema
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing