Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
oh mine....

already 2 days no respond yet.. the experts might be on xmas shopping...
help me please
If you are serious, why not subscribe to MB services and download the wiring diagrams, would give you the pin-out for connectors. Doing the same for EPC would give connector/pin part numbers that you can buy from MB parts desk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you are serious, why not subscribe to MB services and download the wiring diagrams, would give you the pin-out for connectors. Doing the same for EPC would give connector/pin part numbers that you can buy from MB parts desk.
Hi DIESELBENZ
You are right in a way, lets say if i were to go to MercedesBenz directly. you know what will happen? I will get the matter resolved and there will be NO forum, NO discussion and NO sharing of information. I just wanna take the challenge to get this done and later share with the rest who might have the same interest. The local MB Center, tell me is easy, just drive your car here, wait at the lounge and enjoy your free flow cups of coffee. or come back the next day and PAY THE hefty BILL and collect your car with NEW COMAND NTG2.5. All working and I don't even care how its done or have any knowledge about the retrofit/upgrade

We are here to CONTRIBUTE, LEARN, SHARE, GAIN and finally SATISFACTION when JOB is accomplish.

I might be wrong but this is my FRANK and PERSONAL opinion

Cheers... XMAS is just round the corner

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Hi DIESELBENZ
You are right in a way, lets say if i were to go to MercedesBenz directly. you know what will happen? I will get the matter resolved and there will be NO forum, NO discussion and NO sharing of information. I just wanna take the challenge to get this done and later share with the rest who might have the same interest. The local MB Center, tell me is easy, just drive your car here, wait at the lounge and enjoy your free flow cups of coffee. or come back the next day and PAY THE hefty BILL and collect your car with NEW COMAND NTG2.5. All working and I don't even care how its done or have any knowledge about the retrofit/upgrade

We are here to CONTRIBUTE, LEARN, SHARE, GAIN and finally SATISFACTION when JOB is accomplish.

I might be wrong but this is my FRANK and PERSONAL opinion

Cheers... XMAS is just round the corner
I did not ask you to let MB take care of your project, I just suggested you would purchase the wiring diagrams info etc. from MB. The forum cannot create these diagrams (although you might obtain a copy from the forum but that would not be completely legal).

Anyway, I doubt any MB workshop would take the task, even if you were willing to pay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Diesel
I have got a copy of wiring diagram but is a photocopy. It was attached to the COMAND i purchased. Can you pleas tell me which connector is J, JA, JB & JC in related to the connector at the back
#4 #3
|- - - - - - - - - - - --|
| xxxxxx | xxxxxx |
| xxxxxx | xxxxxx |
|-------------------- |
| [fuse] I I I I |
| |
| I I I I |
| O O |
| I I I I |
| O O |
| I I I I |
-----------------------
most #2 #1

Can you please tell me how to pair the connector #1,#2,#3,#4 with J, JA, JB & JC?

thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
a) I do wish to have the PINOUT for the NTG2.5
b) PINOUT OF AGW
c) which wire to link from AGW connector to new NTG2.5
d) will the liguatronic work out of the box? or do i need any additional devices? How do i link up the MIC?
e) where could i purchase the connectors for the NTG2.5 and all opposite gender connectors for AGW
f) what do i do with the fibre optic (T/R) when unplugged from the AGW? Do i need just leave it alone or do i need to connect T to R to complete the MOST RING? IF so, is there a straight connector available?

PLEASE HELP ME

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
b) PINOUT OF AGW
d) will the liguatronic work out of the box? or do i need any additional devices? How do i link up the MIC?
e) where could i purchase the connectors for the NTG2.5 and all opposite gender connectors for AGW
f) what do i do with the fibre optic (T/R) when unplugged from the AGW? Do i need just leave it alone or do i need to connect T to R to complete the MOST RING? IF so, is there a straight connector available?

PLEASE HELP ME
I don't see what you could do with the old MOST devices on the ring if/when you cannot connect those to the new head unit. But you should not need those either, why not unplug those all, including the power harness.

I assume you have the AGW wiring diagram too. I don't know a source other than MB for the connectors but if you wire the same signal from the AGW (or somewhere else) to the head unit where the same signal is assigned, you should be able to bring some life to the device. If the CAN-signals are different as mentioned earlier, you might still have some serious problems.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I still have the CDC in the MOST ring
If the CDC is compatible with the new HU, you only need a local ring at the front, you can still unplug the AGW and a phone kit if you have one.

The new unit would have a DVD drive anyway, having the CDC isn't equally important.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey Rick, been watching your progress with some interest, as I've been thinking about upgrading my SLK to the NGT2.5+ unit.

There are at least a couple of SLK owners who have attempted this with mixed results. As has been mentioned before, the CAN messaging is different, and both installs I'm aware of have had problems with the MFD display and steering controls.

Both installs also bypassed the AGW completely (one didn't have one - was an A20 upgrade). We have things a bit easier as the AGW in the SLK is under the passenger footwell, so the wiring run is not that long. The connectors (both male and female) are available, but I'm not sure where they got them from.

As Diesel as mentioned before, the wiring diagrams are available from WIS, and you can purchase a WIS subscription on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis - if you are modding your car a lot, it's a good deal and valuable resource. All of the diagrams are copyright MB, so it's not a legal option for members to share them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI UK-C200
thanks for ur opinion

can you please confirm if the CAN B signal is compatible?
this is important before we go any further.

I have posted many questions in proper order. but most of the time i am not able to get all of the answers here.... :(

·
Registered
451 Posts
Rick - rob13572468 is pretty much *the* expert on Mercedes CAN implementation. I've read elsewhere that the MY2008 CAN-B signaling differs from the previous years. This seems to be the case in the instances I referred to in the previous post, where the MFD and steering controls did not work. I also suspect, but can't confirm that the MOST signaling has changed as well, since a number of MOST aftermarket products do not work on MY2008 and later cars.

I'd think it would be best to hook the unit up to power and CAN, and see if the MFD and steering wheel controls worked. PLEASE note that I do NOT know firsthand what the minimum number of connections that would be necessary to test....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ya, i think you are absolutely right, from the reply you get in this forum, i can assumed that ROB13572468 is a very knowledgable guy. He must have special interest in this kind of stuff. He will be the guy that shud b able to help us out. I think he is now pretty busy with some other things, he has not reply to me yet, i have emailed to him privately.
We just got to be patient to wait for him to be less buzy, then i m sure he will be there for us...

however, if any others who are able to help please do contribute to make this BENZWORLD forum to be the BEST in the universe!!!

Cheers

P/S Please help me so that i can celebrate XMAS in my car...

·
Registered
686 Posts
b) PINOUT OF AGW

PLEASE HELP ME

sorry, ive been out sick for the past week... anyway here is a bunch of info...

first the pinout...

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
b) PINOUT OF AGW

PLEASE HELP ME
First of all, CDC is not going to work at all with the new unit if it has the DVD changer (which i believe the unit you got has the 6 DVD) so you will only need the fiber if you decide to go with the amplifier.

Lingatronic will work if the comand has it activated (not sure how yours is programmed. You will need to hook the mic up to the comand. right now the mic is running to the MHI/UHI unit or the VCS if you have it. those wires will need to be run up to the new comand.

Like I said i have the connector to go into the NTG.2.5.. it something like $35 US. If you want the A/V I can put one together for you as well. The reverse AGW connectors are not available; they dont even have normal reverse connectors but rather circuit board connectors but even those are going to be next to impossible to source. one possibility is to get a broken AGW and gut it for the connectors but most people just splice into the existing connectors.

The biggest issue is probably going to be getting certain things programmed... you are going to need access to an SDS machine that has developer status to be able to change specific settings on the comand. Im not sure what will need to be changed because I dont know what option set was originally programmed into the unit but more than likely some programming will be required.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi ROB
thank you so much and is good to have you back. Hope you are well now.
thank you for the pinout, can i know why there is mic 1 and mic 2? do we need to have 2 mics? My car doesnt have phone kit so will there be a mic in the overhead lights in front? IF there is. can i link the wire to my comand?

First of all, CDC is not going to work at all with the new unit if it has the DVD changer (which i believe the unit you got has the 6 DVD) so you will only need the fiber if you decide to go with the amplifier.
My COMAND doesnt have DVD Changer. Is a Single DVD only.
mine is model BD0880, with 6 DVD changer is BZ9880
So in this case, you think my CDC will be able to work and as such i need the fibre optic. And if so, what wil happen to the AGW fibre when is plugged out?
this will cause the MOST ring to be broken?

Lingatronic will work if the comand has it activated (not sure how yours is programmed. You will need to hook the mic up to the comand. right now the mic is running to the MHI/UHI unit or the VCS if you have it. those wires will need to be run up to the new comand.
In case i dont have mic, will any kind of mic will work?

Like I said i have the connector to go into the NTG.2.5.. it something like $35 US. If you want the A/V I can put one together for you as well. The reverse AGW connectors are not available; they dont even have normal reverse connectors but rather circuit board connectors but even those are going to be next to impossible to source. one possibility is to get a broken AGW and gut it for the connectors but most people just splice into the existing connectors.
During your absent i was trying to search for the connector, only able to buy the connector from SOCSCHE in Canada. Now I need the AV COnnector, it is 18 pins, can you please give me the pinout?

Where is the reverse camera going to be connected to the COMAND?

The biggest issue is probably going to be getting certain things programmed... you are going to need access to an SDS machine that has developer status to be able to change specific settings on the comand. Im not sure what will need to be changed because I dont know what option set was originally programmed into the unit but more than likely some programming will be required.
Can you confirm the CAN signal is compatible?

Thank You

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi ROB
thank you so much and is good to have you back. Hope you are well now.
thank you for the pinout, can i know why there is mic 1 and mic 2? do we need to have 2 mics? My car doesnt have phone kit so will there be a mic in the overhead lights in front? IF there is. can i link the wire to my comand?

My COMAND doesnt have DVD Changer. Is a Single DVD only.
mine is model BD0880, with 6 DVD changer is BZ9880
So in this case, you think my CDC will be able to work and as such i need the fibre optic. And if so, what wil happen to the AGW fibre when is plugged out?
this will cause the MOST ring to be broken?

In case i dont have mic, will any kind of mic will work?

During your absent i was trying to search for the connector, only able to buy the connector from SOCSCHE in Canada. Now I need the AV COnnector, it is 18 pins, can you please give me the pinout?

Where is the reverse camera going to be connected to the COMAND?

Can you confirm the CAN signal is compatible?

Thank You

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
hi ROB
can you please tell me where is the connection for the reverse camera?

thanks
Is there no connector names printed at the device? You said you have the wiring diagram, the connector and pin numbers appear there. Can't you use TV tuner input?

I suggest you try to work a bit harder before asking Rob, he is too valuable at the forum for more complicated things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is there no connector names printed at the device? You said you have the wiring diagram, the connector and pin numbers appear there. Can't you use TV tuner input?

I suggest you try to work a bit harder before asking Rob, he is too valuable at the forum for more complicated things.
If it is printed at the back of the device, then I wont be asking.. Isn't that is obvious?

I have the wiring diagram but it doesnt show any reverse camera input.
It has got the 18 PIN Connector which is for TV tuner.

I am asking ROB, if you could help then it will be good, If you cant then dont stop me from getting help from ROB. He has been sick lately and just back, i am waiting patiently for him to reply, and i m sure he will...just give hime more time..

btw, i have got the WIS ASRA but is 2006, i am getting the 2008 WIS/EPC soon..

41 - 60 of 519 Posts