Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

241 - 260 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Since when are those Engineering Mode options available again? They were removed in the 2006 versions and later updates!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
You need to get into the engineering menu to activate the backup camera option. On my W204 C63 NGT4, I can do that by pressing "phone off" + "#" + "1" but it does not seem to work on the NGT2.5. However, my friend has the 2009 CLS350 with factory NGT2.5 and the 3 button sequence works in getting into the engineering menu. I'm not sure if there is a different 3 button code, but perhaps it needs to be enabled by SDS...
Hi Shimmers
Thanks for the quote.
Where does the Backup camera go ??
Assuming that Green fakra is for TV Input - Then where do you put the backup camera ?? Do you put this into the middle square connector (marked D in the picture) ??
Or ???
Thanks
George

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
No linguatronic yet !! - By the way how much did you get the extra parts for it ?? Also how long does the installation took ??
Rgds
George
Here is the part list for Linguatronic switch retrofit. This is valid for cars without electrically adjustable steering column. For cars with electrically adjustable steering column the jacket tube is different.
List is for w219 (CLS) but same parts seem to fit W211 also.

A 171 462 05 23 Steering column jacket tube
A 171 540 25 45 Tempomat/Linguatronic switch
A 000 545 11 44 Linguatronic switch lever
A 171 545 03 83 Small panel for jacket tube

Total cost for the parts is 140-200 euros depending on dealer.

The assembly took some 1,5 hours and is doable, but requires carefulness, since expensive and fragile parts (airbag, steering angle sensor, etc) are disassembled.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Type the number above to the document # box. :rolleyes:

Are you using the official on-line WIS or some outdated copy from internet?
Hi Diesel Benz
I am using the WIS 06/08

ALSO. I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL THE SE ASIA MAPS (SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, HONGKONG & MACAU) REPLACING THE EURO MAP.

NOW MY BZ9880 IS 95% WORKING. ONLY MISSING THE ACTIVATION OF THE REVERSE CAMERA. THE CAMERA WIRING IS COMPLETED TILL THE REAR BOOK NEAR THE NUMBER PLATE, IF THE ACTIVATION IS DONE, THEN I ONLY HAVE TO FIX THE CAM. i THINK ACTIVATION REQUIRES CODING, ANY INPUT??

NEXT MISSION : HKLOGIC AMP, now running on 4 speakers :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is it possible to have the rear camera running while driving forward?
Hi the HU is a fully integrated system. This means it constantly been fed with information like car speed, steering turning degree, speed, gear position, outside brightness and so on.... through CANBUS- B. So the H/U is programmed to activate the backup camera upon engaged of reversed gear.

Furhtermore, there isnt any specific gain by having reverse camera when your car is moving forward ... haha...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it possible to have the rear camera running while driving forward?
It is possible. Here in Korea, the NGT2.5 is set up with an external navigation unit since Mercedes does not provide Korean navigation. In addition, there is a DMB (Digital Mobile Broadcast) which is a satellite TV system that works on cell phones, MP3 players, etc. and is also installed in cars.

The NGT2.5 for the Korean Mercedes is setup so that when you go in reverse the rear view camera turns on. Also, when you press Navi button the external navigation comes on the screen. When you press Video the DMB TV broadcast works.

Therefore, the NGT2.5 can be setup such that you install the rear camera, but also install external video sources. This is also possible in NGT4 (new C-Class) when you go into the engineering menu. However, I have not figured out how to get into the engineering menu on the NGT2.5. I suppose you will need to set this via the Star diagnostic system.

By the way in the back, I believe the Green Fakra is for the rear camera, the middle black interface is for Video input (TV Tuner). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi Diesel Benz
I am using the WIS 06/08

ALSO. I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL THE SE ASIA MAPS (SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, HONGKONG & MACAU) REPLACING THE EURO MAP.

NOW MY BZ9880 IS 95% WORKING. ONLY MISSING THE ACTIVATION OF THE REVERSE CAMERA. THE CAMERA WIRING IS COMPLETED TILL THE REAR BOOK NEAR THE NUMBER PLATE, IF THE ACTIVATION IS DONE, THEN I ONLY HAVE TO FIX THE CAM. i THINK ACTIVATION REQUIRES CODING, ANY INPUT??

Hey Rick - why don't you share how you replaced the map? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in doing the exact same thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Rick - why don't you share how you replaced the map? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in doing the exact same thing.
hi
i have replied personally to you
Any way, what i did was, i dismantle the harddisk, and make many try and error changes until i finally found a section where i can go into the parameter and change settings.. i found the codes and see things like, disable navi, after doing that, then i am able to upgrade to new DVD map.

i also discover that we can set the parameter to accept external third party navigation, so instead when you press the NAVI button, it will accept video input. this will replace the onboard navi program.

i have had killed 3 hard disk drive from BD0880 and 1 from BZ9880.
finally i am able to clone the HDD, and again brick total 6 hdd
in total i hav to reformat 9 HDD.

very challenging but sweet success at the end!

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
engineering menu

hi,
I am in the engineering menu on my comand ntg 2,5 ("hang-up" + "#" + "1") but ther are only 4 choices for video (in motion):speed 2 km/h, 5 km/h, 7 km/h, P-position and disable
Any idea for enable this function?

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi
Any way, what i did was, i dismantle the harddisk, and make many try and error changes until i finally found a section where i can go into the parameter and change settings.. i found the codes and see things like, disable navi, after doing that, then i am able to upgrade to new DVD map.

i also discover that we can set the parameter to accept external third party navigation, so instead when you press the NAVI button, it will accept video input. this will replace the onboard navi program.

cheers

Confgradulation!!!

Sorry for 9 hd. But it great. Can NTG 2.5 can use Europe map and US map the same time?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Guys,

I have just retrofitted an NGT2.5 into an SLK 171 to find it is also coded for logic7. Has anyone found that this can be altered in the engineering menu?

I might be able to access a star diagnostics machine to sort it if it can be done, but I don't want to make a long trip if it's impossible.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Guys,

I have just retrofitted an NGT2.5 into an SLK 171 to find it is also coded for logic7. Has anyone found that this can be altered in the engineering menu?

I might be able to access a star diagnostics machine to sort it if it can be done, but I don't want to make a long trip if it's impossible.
Hi Adam
I am afraid you have to access a Star Diagnosis machine
The mercedes dealer should look with stardiagnosis at the coding menu of the COMAND NTG 2.5
There must stand > no Soundsystem<
Sorry !!
Rgds
George

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can ask my dealer, but I was told that there is no access menu to the ntg2.5 if it is not meant to be in the car.

Do you have experience of this or is it a guess?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey George - can you access the NGT2.5 menus on a "non-facelifted" R171? (eg one it was never designed to be installed in?)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi

cheers
Hi
Congrat on your ntg2.5
Where did you get your clone HDD, do you have thE part no. of the telematics disk dor BD0880? It seems some thing is wrong with my HDD too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, how did you install Asia maps?

Hi Diesel Benz
I am using the WIS 06/08

241 - 260 of 519 Posts
About this Discussion
518 Replies
74 Participants
alema
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing