Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 E220 Classic Diesel
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've just joined the site, so excuse me if this has already been covered. I've just bought a '98 E220 Diesel, this is my first Mercedes after years of lusting after one :D:D The interior of the car is pretty rough, it was a taxi in its former life. I bought an interior on ebay last week, it's off the W211 model, I knew this, but it was a bargin so I couldn't walk away from it.

My question is, can I fit this interior into my car without too much modification, has anyone tried this before? Also the base and back of the new seats are electric, can I connect this to my existing wiring loom? Where would be best for getting a feed? Is there a transformer built into the seat or will I need one?

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey all, I've just joined the site, so excuse me if this has already been covered. I've just bought a '98 E220 Diesel, this is my first Mercedes after years of lusting after one :D:D The interior of the car is pretty rough, it was a taxi in its former life. I bought an interior on ebay last week, it's off the W211 model, I knew this, but it was a bargin so I couldn't walk away from it.

My question is, can I fit this interior into my car without too much modification, has anyone tried this before? Also the base and back of the new seats are electric, can I connect this to my existing wiring loom? Where would be best for getting a feed? Is there a transformer built into the seat or will I need one?

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
I cant answer all of the questions but I can answer a few.

The interior will work without too serious of modifications. I would change the seat rails from your current seats to the new ones and if the plugs arent direct connect (which i think they are) just splice them in but please make sure you do it the right way (caps, shrink wrap, etc). How much of the interior did you get ? The new steering wheel looks awesome in our cars but the buttons don't work (i am only installing a face lift wheel but man what a difference.

Another great idea that i have seen on this forum and went ahead and did myself this past saturday was the face lift third brake light. I think it was the best $60 i have ever spent (including light and decklid)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts