Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have the SRS warning on my dash and have been told i need to replace the front passenger seat pad , finding it difficult to know what pad to look for as the car must be a european import, and is not standard , suggestions welcome , I've been told this means my air bag system is not operating which i guess means my insurance wont be valid. need a solution.

·
Registered
1997 E200
9 Posts
Hi There!

Share your VIN and I'll get you the part number from EPC. You can go a cheaper way and have an SRS emulator but that would be a travesty :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there's a problem with car insurance if you disable the sensor . my VIN is WDB2110702A113611, The part number would be helpfull thank you.

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
958 Posts
I think there's a problem with car insurance if you disable the sensor . my VIN is WDB2110702A113611, The part number would be helpfull thank you.
Then emulator is out of question too.

Good to see someone is actually willing to repair it.

Very often it is just broken wire inder the seat. Lotsa info in W210 forum, though seat will be slightly different.

Also at some point they did integrate seat sensor to seat cushion, spare part price jumps at same time...

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,925 Posts
x2 on checking the wires.
I fixed couple of them on W210. The broken wire was inside the insulation, so not visible to bare eye and right under the seat pad, so it took seat removal to do repair.
I measure continuity and simply solder bypass wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts