Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to forums so please excuse me if I’m asking something already covered!
I have trouble with fault code rear level sensor implausible signal (I think that’s what it says I’ll have to check). I have replaced the rear level sensor with a new genuine part and still intermittent fault, so sent it to main agent and they put another new one on and STILL intermittent fault. Always says the same fault when I plug in. It has had a new genuine compressor and relay too.
Also replaced the battery to eliminate that causing gremlins!!
I’ve inspected the plug and looks ok.
any suggestions welcome
Thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,657 Posts
Check the wire harness going from the level sensor until it goes inside the frame of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the wire harness going from the level sensor until it goes inside the frame of the car.
Ok cheers. Will do. Bit worried as I have an old r129 that I’ve had to replace the engine harness on, don’t know if the w211 has the same biodegradable wiring?

·
3,657 Posts
No, not biodegradable. However the 211 is known for chafed wires on the level sensors, in both sedan and wagon... especially wagons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not biodegradable. However the 211 is known for chafed wires on the level sensors, in both sedan and wagon... especially wagons.
Ok. Mine is a sedan
The odd thing is the frequency of the fault hasn’t changed over the last year, it probably comes up one in three times it’s driven and more likely to come on if not driven for a few days. I would have expected a wire/connector fault to get worse.
The suspension doesn’t sag.

·
3,657 Posts
Hmmmm, then in that case I'd check the airmatic module, under the passenger floor. Maybe you have water intrusion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts