Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed these parts last weekend, what a difference it make in the cars look. Love ebay both parts for under $600 and real carbon fiber. Perfect fit. rear lip is original AMG made in Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi CLASSW202 it looks very neat to me but I have two questions if you don't mind:
was installing the parts difficult? Did you notice improvement in the car behavior aerodynamically wise?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi CLASSW202 it looks very neat to me but I have two questions if you don't mind:
was installing the parts difficult? Did you notice improvement in the car behavior aerodynamically wise?

Cheers.
Hi There,

Installation took 2 hours for both making sure they are lining up properly and all. The front has 3 screws that you have to drill on each side the holes are already there on the lip just have to drill it to the bottom of the bumper. The rear lip was installed by using a double sided 3m tape (works very well). You can screw it in but I did not want the holes in the trunk.

For Aerodynamic improvment I notice it the front gets a little tighter at about 80mph and the faster you go the more you notice it because of the center and the wings on the side of the front lip.

the seller on ebay was very helpful and had it shipped to me (Calgary Canada) in less than 10 days from California. Make sure you don't buy it from Taiwan or China buy from North America or Europe. I noticed though that the European Sellers are charging almost double of what I paid from the US.

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Looks great :D
I've bought a few things of ebay before for my car :D and before i got the custom prior design bumper i was going to buy the exact same lip :p
Over all your car looks agressive and elegant at the same time :)
Are you planning on getting the windows tinted?

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great :D
I've bought a few things of ebay before for my car :D and before i got the custom prior design bumper i was going to buy the exact same lip :p
Over all your car looks agressive and elegant at the same time :)
Are you planning on getting the windows tinted?
Thanks for the comment,

future plans will be tints and either 18s or 20s, most likely this will happen next summer as I live in Canada and winter is almost here so gotta put on the winter tires in the next month or so.

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Thanks for the comment,

future plans will be tints and either 18s or 20s, most likely this will happen next summer as I live in Canada and winter is almost here so gotta put on the winter tires in the next month or so.

Oh ok, thats fair.
I went through 3 sets of wheels.
18's then 20's and now im with 19's.
I personally thought the 18's looked to small.
and when i went with 20's, it looked nice but because my car was lowered and there were many pot holes where i lived last it didnt do any juistice.
I went with 19's you may think it wont be much different but i noticed a better drive.

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts