Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with starting on my w211 E320 08. Car is cranking but no start. I removed glow plugs and I checked, they heat up very nice. I put them back again. I though to check the voltage on each of them at the beginning comes 12.5 and after one second stops at 3.8 and stays like that. I did change module control and the same situation. Any one have any idea what is going on? Thanks 馃槉

Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
Car starts without glow plugs if not freezing cold <-20C

Either fuel pressure is not rising enough, or cam/crank sensors are faulty

Registered
Discussion Starter #3

Thank y

[/QUOT
Thank you
I appreciate your answer and your time. I will check those today.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Someone can help me with Any website to find injectors for 2008 Mercedes Benz E320 diesel 6 cylinder ? Or if someone has more information about Nozzles for those injectors I really appreciate it. Thank you

Registered
2006 E320 CDI
Someone can help me with Any website to find injectors for 2008 Mercedes Benz E320 diesel 6 cylinder ? Or if someone has more information about Nozzles for those injectors I really appreciate it. Thank you
If a glow plug is bad, you'll get a glow plug light on the dash. It will still start just fine with a single bad glow plug even when cold.

Slow down there. It is VERY unlikely bad injectors are your problem, as all 6 going bad at once is a statistical improbability. And if it is, it's a very pricey problem. I've got 335K miles on my OM648 motor and the original injectors are still good. Granted yous is an OM642, but still, all 6 going bad suddenly not allowing the engine to start? I'd look for another cause. Fuel pump, sensors, etc. You need to get it properly diagnosed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just got this car and this was seating for more than a year. I took out all injectors and 4 of them were blown up on the head of nozzle. And the other 2 looks like clogged. Before I took them out I checked the fuel lines and fuel was coming with high pressure that鈥檚 why I thought to check the injectors.

Registered
2006 E320 CDI
I just got this car and this was seating for more than a year. I took out all injectors and 4 of them were blown up on the head of nozzle. And the other 2 looks like clogged. Before I took them out I checked the fuel lines and fuel was coming with high pressure that鈥檚 why I thought to check the injectors.
Injectors were "blown up" on the head of the nozzle"? 2 "looked" clogged? What do you mean, blown up? Never heard of such a thing, not that it can't happen. How can you see if the nozzle is clogged? The holes are too small to see with your eyes.

Fuel was coming out with "high pressure"? You can't tell that by looking at fuel flow. The pressure has to be measured with a gauge. Even a bad fuel pump is going to flow plenty of fuel. Flow does not equal pressure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
yes And for me was very unusual to see that! I really thank you for replying to me. In a few hours I will try to post some pictures. So we can talk about how this can happen.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
yes And for me was very unusual to see that! I really thank you for replying to me. In a few hours I will try to post some pictures. So we can talk about how this can happen.
9FE34B9D-9D4F-41D0-8FDA-30E786A586E8.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
馃槉 Me too I never seen before.
I hope this is the only issue because those injectors costs a lot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Someone has any idea on this situation?
2008 e320 cdi crank but not start. I replaced injectors,checked glow plugs,checked fuel pressure,replaced crankshaft position sensor and situation is still same. When I crank it rpm on dashboard is not moving at all. Looks like crankshaft position sensor but I just replaced it... Someone has any idea on this situation?

Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
How much is rail pressure during the cranking? Cam shaft sensor needed at start too (sync with CPS).

Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
You might have better exposure on the issue by posting it in diesel section as those engines are rare in USA, but mounted in different vehicles and some Sprinter vans are reaching million miles on them.
So anyway, I don't see any scanning results?
I understand the injectors were replaced, but they were not programmed? That alone might not let the engine to start.
I still would start with at least smoothest test. Something is fishy about the old injectors.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Voltage on CPS is 4.8 volt
Is that normal? I thought there should receive around 12 volt.
No I didn鈥檛 programmed new injectors. Should I do that,how?
Fuel Pressure during cranking goes maximum on gauge. But when I put the key on position 2 is not showing any pressure,and I don鈥檛 know if that is normal. What bothers me the most is that dashboard is not showing any movement on RPM. I saw some videos and that should go at least 200 during crank. Any idea 馃挕?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts