Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the transmission control unit is on the passengers side under a plastic cover, but all I see is the ac unit I think. There is the box with the slide locks on the drivers side? Is it located in there? I'm looking to check it for fluid contamination, if you have any hints or caveats please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, but I'm sorry, I guess I need to be more clear. I am looking for the TCU that the transmission plugs into where the leaky o rings go, the victim of the wicking at the other end of that harness? I hope I'm being clear enough here... I was under the impression that it is under the hood.

·
Registered
05 E320 CDI w/ 4 Zone Climate Control, Panaromic Roof, Parktronics. MB SDS equipped.
426 Posts
pelletman, the TCU is located under the footwell in the passenger side seat. Model name should be "EGS52". To check for the wicked leaks that many people have, you should look at the connect plug in the transmission housing 1st. If there is a leak, then you trace the sump to see if it actually leaks into the TCU.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,250 Posts
My misunderstanding if your 211.283 VIN is between X151484-X176198 and you find connection @ transmission is leaking service campaign 2006020008 covers repair even out of warranty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I've read in a couple of places that the TCU is under the hood in the box with the ECU. Is that not true? Just to confirm 2004 E500 wagon, US market car as far as I can tell. I did find control units in that box, took the smaller one out and there was no oil. This was on the drivers side by the firewall, box had two sliding latches on it.

VIN ends in X112743. I have replaced the connector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts