Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E300 and 1973 450SL
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 E300 and I am attempting to replace the brake light switch. I have the under dash panel partly removed on the drivers side to get at the switch but I need to drop it all the way down to get at the switch. How do I remove the OBDll module. The top of the module slides to the right but that does not release the wires that go into the module. Is there a way I can free up this module from the under dash panel?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,338 Posts
I have a 1999 E300 and I am attempting to replace the brake light switch. I have the under dash panel partly removed on the drivers side to get at the switch but I need to drop it all the way down to get at the switch. How do I remove the OBDll module. The top of the module slides to the right but that does not release the wires that go into the module. Is there a way I can free up this module from the under dash panel?

Thanks,
Mike
Once you release the catch on the plug socket, it should just pull (actally fall) out. Try sliding the catch just a little further.

Attachments

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
The whole OBD-II module snaps out from the panel, it stays connected to the wires.

Good luck.

Oh, and please take a minute to click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle and location to your profile, it's often useful information when you're seeking assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts