Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my daughter rolled down the window of my '02 E55 and after about 4 inches of travel there was a loud "pop" and from that point on the window would not power up. It would power down fine but would not go up.

Upon removing the door panel it was clear that a small piece of white plastic had broken off a part that attaches to the vertical bracket that guides the window. There is also a small wire that seems to lift the entire unit and that will not release tension so that I can push the window up and secure it in the closed position.

Has anyone else run across this issue or does anyone have any ideas as to what parts will be necessary to remedy the problem?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1997 E300D
508 Posts
This sounds like the typical rear window regulator failure so common on w210's. In my case ('97) I was able to just shove the window up and block it. Your operating cable must be jammed. The glass can be detached from the white slider by pulling down on a black clip and pulling the glass back or forward off the slider. Now you can raise the window and block it until you can get a new regulator installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts