Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI 4mati,c 2005 E320 CDI, 1999 E300 Turbo, 1977 and 1978 240D
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got a 99 E300TD with the factory radio/deck in place and have a question in regards to the rear deck speaker. Most likely there is something I am overlooking, but I have noticed that my rear deck speakers are both not working with use of the radio and cannot come up with a reason for this. In the past, a line output converter was attached (via in-line wire tap snap connectors) to the rear deck speakers for a trunk subwoofer to be used in conjuction; however, even after removing the subwoofer, leaving the wiring in place, the speakers still do not work. Being that both speakers, versus just one, are not operable, my conclusion was that there is a "short", for lack of a better word, between the head unit and the rear deck speakers. Has anyone in the past had a similar situation and/or solution or idea for me to go about trouble shooting this query? I have already checked the fuses under the hood and in the rear seat fuse box as well and know the rest of the 6 speakers are fully functional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts