Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 96 300 Diesel that has an issue with both rear deck speakers not working at all. The car has a total of 8 speakers - 2 in dash, 2 in front doors, 2 in rear doors, and 2 on rear deck. I recently got the Becker stock radio completely rebuilt thinking it would resolve my rear deck speaker issue but it did not fix it.

The car does NOT have an amp in the driver's side trunk area and there is no wiring for an amp. It seems that the head unit powers all the speakers. Does the radio have a built in amp? Are the rear deck speakers connected to rear door speakers? What else can I test?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was told from a Mercedes audio expert that my car never had an amplifier from the factory installed.

My car does have rear deck speakers installed and wired. Is that possible that Mercedes installed speakers but no amplifier to power them?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,951 Posts
Without being expert in your car, I would nonetheless suggest that there would have to be rear speaker connections on your radio (in which case you would also have a fader control), or else someone installed and removed a 3rd party rear amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts