Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY W210 is having problem when shifting in 2nd gear to third. Sometimes, the rpm would rev up really high without the gear actually kicking in. Is this a common transmission problem ?

·
Registered
CLK 430
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is happening during normal driving, not even when flooring the car. It is a 99 with approx 100K on it.

Worry if this is the first sign of the transmission dying on me.

·
Registered
CLK 430
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this only affect shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear ?
How much does one of these usually cost ?

This is starting to worry me..... :(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ruBENZ_00E55 said:
Perfectly normal if you are flooring it. Though mileage, and maintenance history, would be a factor to determine any cause for your issue.

are you sure? i can't believe a tranny not engaging and instead letting the engine free-rev and slip that bad is considered 'normal'. certainly none of my benzes did that.

check your ATF level asap and was the fluid replaced?

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Regardless of maf, etc. DO change tranny fluid & filter asap if it has not been done in the last 10k. Nothing at all to lose, much to gain!

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
577 Posts
ProV1x said:
are you sure? i can't believe a tranny not engaging and instead letting the engine free-rev and slip that bad is considered 'normal'. certainly none of my benzes did that.

check your ATF level asap and was the fluid replaced?
Actually, I read the post too fast. I have a heavy foot and visit the 3000 - 5000 rpm range quite often...probably most often in 3rd to 5th gear. After re-reading the post, I believe your tranny may be slipping. A transmission fluid change may the remedy.

·
Registered
SL 500 E320
18 Posts
I just posted my problem that started the same way, erratic shifting, over revving etc. Current estimate for an new tranny is 9500$ Try the fluid change and pray.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
cpb said:
I just posted my problem that started the same way, erratic shifting, over revving etc. Current estimate for an new tranny is 9500$ Try the fluid change and pray.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1.component Y3/6N2(speed sensor 2) is sporadically faulty
2.The speed comparison of Y3/6N2 to Y3/6N3 is sporadically implausible
-what is this mean?
this problem coming up after i do some work on the transmission and change the conductor plate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts