Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'am new here. So my problem is that interior light doesn't switch off when all doors are close or when I locking the door. I was playing with option and i think i change the timing. If someone know how to change the timing please help me?

·
Registered
W220, W210 x2, R170
182 Posts
It could also be a door switch. Sometimes these switches don't fully engage and cause lights to stay on with doors closed. On my car and others I read about it was the drivers door switch.

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
2,653 Posts
I had to hot glue a penny under all of my door latch plates after I took them off to install Moleskin. Very common problem. Just a fraction of an inch will make a difference.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,041 Posts
the bad switch notwithstanding, shouldn't the light eventually extinguish after
a couple of minutes anyway as part of a fail safe feature? my 1999 does
with the door(s) open. they do not stay on indefinitely or till battery goes flat

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
the bad switch notwithstanding, shouldn't the light eventually extinguish after
a couple of minutes anyway as part of a fail safe feature? my 1999 does
with the door(s) open. they do not stay on indefinitely or till battery goes flat
Yes.............they time out after about 5 minutes.

In my case, it was not a bad light switch. The pin was not being push in enough with the door closed. The penny behind the latch plate resolved the problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
in my w210 i cannot adjust anywhere how quick the lights dim / turn off. i think that it is done by the button above your head. there are 2 buttons? and they all effect how quickly they turn off the lights . have not found a pattern yet to them...

in my w211, you can adjust all of these settings (and if fox lights turn off/on with lock/unlock, ect) through steering wheel controls and screen unit in cluster.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
in my w210 i cannot adjust anywhere how quick the lights dim / turn off. i think that it is done by the button above your head. there are 2 buttons? and they all effect how quickly they turn off the lights . have not found a pattern yet to them...

in my w211, you can adjust all of these settings (and if fox lights turn off/on with lock/unlock, ect) through steering wheel controls and screen unit in cluster.
As far as I know, interior light duration is not adjustable on W210.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
Hello I'am new here. So my problem is that interior light doesn't switch off when all doors are close or when I locking the door. I was playing with option and i think i change the timing. If someone know how to change the timing please help me?
If you are talking about the front dome reading lights, and if you set them to be ON manually, they will not turn off with the key out or in position 0. But they will time out in 30 minutes and turn off. You need to set them to AUTO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are talking about the front dome reading lights, and if you set them to be ON manually, they will not turn off with the key out or in position 0. But they will time out in 30 minutes and turn off. You need to set them to AUTO.
When they are on AUTO when I go inside the car start it and drive they are still on. And i think the problem is from sensor.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
A common problem is the door light switch is not being pushed in enough. I think it's because the plastic horse shoe shape latch cover on the door gets deformed over time. The plate does not completely seats on a solid surface underneath.

It doesn't take much to fix it. As mentioned, glue a penny or anything about 1.5 mm under the plate where the light switch contacts will work. Do not over tighten the plate screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts