Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. This is my first post, but I've been using the info found here for years. The expertise and guidance you guys/girls provide has been tremendously helpful- thank you.

Long story short- I just returned from a trip to find that my fiance drained the battery in my '01 E55 and had it jumped. No big deal, but she says the radio head unit display asked for the code for a while (she didn't enter it), and I'm now not getting any kind of display or lights on the head unit asking for code entry. (On the dash display, AUDIO does display, but with 4 or 5 dashes underneath. No functionality there, either.)

I've only checked fuses under the hood and rear seat so far, and all look good. I've also dis- and re- connected the battery in hopes of resetting things and getting a code entry display, but still no luck. Before I go and get keys to pull the head unit, I'm wondering if it's just a matter of the radio locking up because the code wasn't entered right away? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Please repost in the general W210 sedan forum, found a bit lower on the forum listings, since the general section gets a lot more traffic and this forum is specific-fewer AMG W210 owners.

Good luck !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts