Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Did anyone

suggest you check the lines going from the pse?
To do a reset of the cars comm systems?
to sync all the windows when reset is performed?
To check for water intrusion in the pse location?
To use the remote key function to open the windows and sunroof so you can see if they operate normally when you do that?
:bowdown:

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Doing the re sync is the re set for the DCM, so I do not understand his response. Cant be much of an indie if he does not have DAS:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2001 E240
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Doing the re sync is the re set for the DCM, so I do not understand his response. Cant be much of an indie if he does not have DAS:rolleyes:
MB repair manual reads: It is also possible to "denormalize" the power windows with the HHT and then to normalize them anew, as described above. I think this is what this Indy meant. HHT = hand held (what's T, any idea?)

·
Registered
2001 E240
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Thanks ILJ. Is this indy w/o HHT to use competent? Their shop looks definitely above par than most indies here.

Eric - any option 2 treatment that you can prescribe?

·
52,804 Posts
MB repair manual reads: It is also possible to "denormalize" the power windows with the HHT and then to normalize them anew, as described above. I think this is what this Indy meant. HHT = hand held (what's T, any idea?)
Yes it is the Hand Held Tester but is somewhat dated now, however the software for HHT is incorporated into DAS/SDS so we can still test the older vehicles as and when required.

The window is de-normalizing itself and has to be re synced so the HHT idea does not help much now does it??

·
52,804 Posts
Thanks ILJ. Is this indy w/o HHT to use competent? Their shop looks definitely above par than most indies here.

Eric - any option 2 treatment that you can prescribe?
Yes, I would pull the door cover off and inspect the window regulator for damage especially the steel cables. Simply because it lifts and lowers the window does not mean it is perfect.

·
Registered
2001 E240
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Thanks Eric. WD40 does stop the moving an inch the first 2 days but on the 3rd day it does again when moving down, though up very smooth. The express is dead because I didn't bother to resync after it was lost twice. Today Friday the 5th day, it still does both up and down. Then suddenly after lunch it moves fine again - no more moving an inch - and is still good when I reached home.

On Sunday the moving an inch still doesn't show so I decided to do resync. The express is back and window works perfect till Thursday, when it starts dropping 2" after hitting the top. Tried resync, but still dropping 2".

Pulled the cover off but didn't find any visual fault with the regulator - the plastic pulley, the cable, and the tracks.

Do you have any further advice?

·
52,804 Posts
On Sunday the moving an inch still doesn't show so I decided to do resync. The express is back and window works perfect till Thursday, when it starts dropping 2" after hitting the top. Tried resync, but still dropping 2".

Pulled the cover off but didn't find any visual fault with the regulator - the plastic pulley, the cable, and the tracks.

Do you have any further advice?
Looks like we are down to the DCM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Normally insert the key, turn to position 3 and engine starts - just a flick without having to hold the key a second. Now, out of every 10 ignition attempts, at least 1 or 2 times I could expect a delay, having to hold the key a bit longer till the engine starts. Either I keep holding the key or if I release the key the cranking carries on and in 6-7 seconds the engine starts. Is this symptomatic of any faulty part?
Greetings. I had a similar problem with my w210 exactly as you explain it. Check k40 relay. Replace the starter relay and see if it solve yr problem, if not let ia know

·
2,873 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,972 Posts
Possible making accounts to pass the spam filter, and then resell the account to one of those people who do drive by spamming all relevant forums before being banned?

121 - 133 of 133 Posts