Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2001 W210 E55. The previous owner removed the Comand unit and had a Pioneer Avic D1 Navigation unit installed. The car originally came with a CD changer and Voice controlled MB telephone V60 (which are still in the car). I am not impressed with the Pioneer Avic unit and would like to reinstall an MB Comand back into the car. The problem is that the installer cut the wires and connected the factory wires to the Avic unit. I am concerned that he also cut the fiber optic wires also. How would I find out what each of the wires are for, what the fiber wires look like and if it is possible to reinstall the original factory plug that connects to the Comand unit? I really like the way the phone and Comand is integrated into the car instrument panel. I also like the controls on the steering wheel. Plus, I can no longer adjust the time on the clock on the instrument panel as it needs to be adjusted with the Comand unit. It is not possible to add telephone, blue tooth, HD radio or steering wheel controls to this Pioneer Avic unit. The ipod adapter is not that great either. I've considered replacing it with a more current Pioneer unit, but I really do not like the functionality of the Pioneer systems in general. Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am really not happy with the Avic.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.