Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my In-Pro headlights today for my W210 and I wanted to know what is the best way to get around the fitment.

They are part number 33610 for the prefacelift E (mine is a 98 therefore these are for my car).

I have heard that I need to remove the bumper for this job. Is there anyone out there who can take the time and give me a runthrough on how to fit these lights?

I want to get the job done as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
On a 96 - 99 E-Class you don't have to remove the bumper. Just the trim piece below each headlight and a rubber strip that hold that piece to the bumper.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks E-Klasse,... but

E-Klasse you are the man, but how do I remove the trim peice, should I just tug or is there something i'm missing?

Also will the rubber piece be easily noticable or should I be real careful.

I have a rough idea what you are describing, I just want to make sure i don't break anything.

Thanks E-klasse

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is a screw or two holding the trim piece on. Look along the edge where it lines up with the grill. It just swings away when they are removed. The rubber piece is just clipped to the piece. It can be popped off when the piece is away from under the headlight. Then there is three screws holding the headlight in. It just comes right out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
storm if u have like e klasse says no bumper removal needed.
here goes how to take out headlight. learn this from other forum member which i did later.

lets take the right headlight.

open the hood. see screw at far right above the headlight. use 8 socket to remove.
then go down to the rubber trim that covers where the headlight meet the grill. slide finger there to lift up the trim. u should see another screw. remove that.

then swing the plastic trim to the right ( u have to pull towards the middle of the car to do this first)

next u see screw between the larger and small headlight. remove screw.
then underneath the large headlight remove the screw. that screw is pointing to the side of the headlight towards the headlight
then remove the screw below the small headlight.
lift up and remove the headlight and disconnect the bulb wiring.
reverse process during put back

·
Registered
2003 Obsidian Black E320
408 Posts
Can the new headlights be adjusted,in the same way,the old ones could. It's night here,but if anyone knows,please let me know.Currently,they're pointing at the ground. If not,I'll look tomorrow morning. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
u should see two "screws" on top of the headlight housing. the outer ones adjust the light outward or inward. the inner one adjust up and down.

·
Registered
2003 Obsidian Black E320
408 Posts
Good looking out,Storm,I feel like all I need is a chrome exhaust tip,and that's it. No more modifications....[8D]

·
Registered
2003 Obsidian Black E320
408 Posts
Storm,your car looks really great,those headlights give our cars a real lift from their previous look. Where did you get the exhaust tips? Again,it looks marvelous!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.