Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'11 E63 AMG,'05 SL55 AMG, '05 CLK500 Cab (sold) '02 E55 AMG (Sold)
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing an aftermarket amplifier in my '02 E55 with the 8 speaker Bose system. I will be replacing the front and rear door speakers as well and need info on the size of the rear door speakers. I have read conflicting postings that state a 4" and a 5.25 will fit. I am hoping to stuff a 5.25 coaxial Focal 130CA in the rear doors, they have a depth of 2.5". Can anyone confirm that they will fit? I will be using Focal 165 V2s in the front doors, I have read postings that indicate these 6.5" speakers with a depth of 2.85" will fit. I am trying to avoid removing the door panels twice - once to check and again to install. Any definitive info on this subject will be much appreciated. I also posted this on the E55 and Audio and Telematics forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes they are 5.25 in the rear doors and 6.5 in the front doors. The rear decks are 6.5's also that is if your car is like mine which is a 96 E320. I also noticed that Benz already has the cut outs for 6x9( or is it 6.5's can't remember) in the rear deck. All you have to do is look up while in the truck and you can see the metal is already cut for upgrade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts