Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 230E W124
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating importing an E200 from Singapore - the prices & spec levels are very good.
I am worried about performance - i do not want to buy a slug. Can anybody give me the following info for an E200, automatic:
What is the 0-100km/h time?
Whats the maximum speed?
What is the fuel consumption like?
How do you describe its ability to overtake at speeds between 40km/h and 90km/h?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

-Dennis

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
Dennis - That small an engine is not available in the States where performance is ( still ) more important than fuel economy.

That sounds like a small 4 cylinder engine which will not (really, really not) be known for performance.

Your past MBZ purchases don't look like they were high performance, so you may be OK, but that small an engine in that big a car would merit a pass from me

·
Registered
24 Posts
E200 in the UK is fine. Top speed just short of 130MPH 0-60 in under 10 secs and very good on fuel. Another reason US have bigger motors is that cars are heavier and fuel is very weak which does not help performance. While it aint fast it will suprise you all the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i drive one E200 facelift model year 2000+. If you want a E200,make sure you get the facelift model with different gear box from the older pre face lift model. The facelift model has the so called +/- (is it called triptonic /steptronic gear box???) I find it reasonably good in power and pick up etc etc. Fuel economy is good.If you are a hard or racer type of driver---then you probably will think again. To sum it up---I like the car performance,powerful enough for my liking.You will like it.

·
Registered
2001 E200 kompressor
18 Posts
I have the e200k model, it's a nice car for a relaxed drive but not a car to be thinking of traffic light dashes. Surprising performance no less.

·
Registered
E200 (W210) Automatic (2000 Model)
19 Posts
I am contemplating importing an E200 from Singapore - the prices & spec levels are very good.
I am worried about performance - i do not want to buy a slug. Can anybody give me the following info for an E200, automatic:
What is the 0-100km/h time?
Whats the maximum speed?
What is the fuel consumption like?
How do you describe its ability to overtake at speeds between 40km/h and 90km/h?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

-Dennis
Hey, I am down here in Kenya and I have one of those. The W210 E200 is no racer but it is solid, stable and affordable. What did you eventually settle for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts