Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i need help my W210 E200 kompressor 1997 started having problems with the windows not opening ,windshield wiper not working,indicators left and right and also doesnt want to unlock or lock,this was about a month ago i saw videos and one guy said to take the positive cable of the battery off for 2 minutes and it will work after putting it on i did that everything started working again but in some days the same thing happened everything stopped working,i i searched everywhere and found that it could be the battery I bought a new one and same thing started happening but last night was even worse i took out the positive cable and put it back on and it did not fix the problem i really need help guys what could be causing that

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
First thing to check is possible water intrusion. Next check all fuses using test light or volt meter. Next have car scanned with scanner that can access all modules using 38 pin port in the fuse box.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all fuses are good might be water intrusion where do you recomend to check?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Check floors, battery area that's where door lock pump is located. Check control module box. Wipers and windows are controlled by N10/1.

Please update your user info with car and location.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Try the control module box in figure 4 of the attached. The N10-1 (combination control module) is the module that controls it all you mentioned.

STAR TekInfo

You need to remove the lid and check for water intrusion.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Where are you located ?

Possibly your car has a SAM module rather than the CCM. The SAM is at the driver's side (for left hand drive cars). In the USA, the SAM came in 1998.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
europe macedonia where i live but the car is bought from germany its an 1997 model avangrade e200 kompressor left hand drive

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
and the big picture.

STAR TekInfo

If one of those modules on the CAN bus goes bad, it can cause all sorts of problems. You need to go to X30/7 connector and take each connector one by one to isolate the issue.

Or use a scanner that tells you what is going on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its late now tomorow i will open the car and see if i can find the issue and fix it thank you so much agein i will update if it gets fixed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X30/7 connector was with water cleaned it its dry reconnected FIXED the issue thanks to you mrboca couldnt have done it without you left thing to do its find where the leak is thank you so much again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
5 Participants
Danial
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing