Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Merz W210 E200, 1996
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1996 W210, it comes with the push button climate control. The A/C shut off after I "on" for a few minutes inspite of the temperature setting was set to low or high range.

I Retrieved the sensors data it read as follow:-
With Engine off
1: 27, 2:28, 3:25, 4:25, 5: E, 6: 28, 7:6, 8: 27
With Aircond Running (Engine running)
1: 25, 2:29, 3:06, 4:05, 5: E, 6: 80, 7:14, 8: 38

I was surprised with the 3 & 4 reading, I opened the compartment and noticed that the aircond have been modified, the 3 & 4 reading was taken from the evaporator sensor instead of the Heat core header.
The original evaporator sensor and the harness was removed, I want to connect the evaporator sensor to the right connection, but don't know which is the right wire to connect.

I hope the expert here can tell me which wire or pin at the climate control plug is connected to the evaporator sensor so that I can get it right.

Thanks

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
What is the VIN number!! and by the way thats the craziest thing I ever heard.

Did the previous owner also put a drinking fountain in the heating circuit??

Go with God!!!

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Where can I find the VIN no.?
Try you registration, insurance card, bill of sale or last but not least stand looking down at the drivers side mirror and in the lower right side of the windshield you will find the VIN. It will start with WDB. Really go with God!!

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
WDB2100352A065620
Your AAC is the same as mine, but what ain't kosher is that the connector for the heater core temp sensor is located behind the center vents. The refrig temp and pressure sensors are located on the dryer which is located slightly to the left of the right wheel well. You can see the dryer when you open the hood and look down on the right side.

Now HTF did a the three pin heater temp sensor get wired to a three pin refrig sensor and a two pin refrig temp sensor located four feet from each other and on different legs on the harness with three different types of connectors.

I would suggest that you look at the two locations to determine what is really going on. There is more to this opus than meets the eye!!

·
Registered
Merz W210 E200, 1996
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look at my sensor reading, You will see the rest of the sensors are reading the right temp and pressure except sensor 3, 4 and 5 (5 show Error). Further investigation indicate that the previous Techinician connect the evaporator sensor wire to 3 & 4 sensor wire, that's why the heat core temp read 5-6 degree once the aircond is on for about 5 mins. If I disconnect the evaporator sensor wire from sensor 3 & 4 wire, it read about 25 degree, which is almost right with the in car room temp. Now the problem with me is this evarporation sensor wire suppose to connect to which wire? forget all the original harness and cable, it's all being removed by the previous Technician.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
If you look at my sensor reading, You will see the rest of the sensors are reading the right temp and pressure except sensor 3, 4 and 5 (5 show Error). Further investigation indicate that the previous Techinician connect the evaporator sensor wire to 3 & 4 sensor wire, that's why the heat core temp read 5-6 degree once the aircond is on for about 5 mins. If I disconnect the evaporator sensor wire from sensor 3 & 4 wire, it read about 25 degree, which is almost right with the in car room temp. Now the problem with me is this evarporation sensor wire suppose to connect to which wire? forget all the original harness and cable, it's all being removed by the previous Technician.
All the readings appear to be in C not F and therefore 3 and 4 look normal. You are correct number 5 the Evap Temp Sensor not the one you referenced earlier has the E.

The Evap Temp sensor has 2 pins---pin 1 who's wire is brown and green in color goes to ground. Pin 2 who's color is green and white goes to pin 22 in the AAC module-------but should still available---look carefully as there is a connector with the same color wires that should be still there.

Really go with God!!

·
Registered
Merz W210 E200, 1996
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the infor, the information is very helpful for me, I will try to look and find the wire. I will update you once is done.

·
Registered
Merz W210 E200, 1996
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I managed to locate the Evaporator wire and it's connection as advised by you, I connect the evaporator sensor to the right wire, now everything seem to work properly. Once again, thank you very much for your assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts