2001 M-B E320 (W210) Currently 11,000 Miles
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone needs W210 chassis information on how to:

Use W211 wheels on a W210 chassis
Reset the Flexible Service System (FSS)
Garage Door Opener Instructions

You can go to http://www.geocities.com/mymercedesbenze320/

If anyone has any do-it-yourself information that I can add, please let me know.

Thank you!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Storm. - 4/14/2006 12:22 PM

Richard thanks for your post, I hope it's ok with you if i add this to our W210 FAQ & DIY sticky on the top of the forum page?

Again thanks alot from all of us at Benzworld for taking the time to do this.Storm.
Sure, it's okay with me. Tonight I will add the Mercedes-Benz Service Requirements...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATED: W210 Chassis Do-It-Yourself Information

If anyone needs W210 chassis information on how to:

Use W211 wheels on a W210 chassis
Garage Door Opener Instructions
Setting the Clock
Flexible Service System (FSS)
Flexible Service System (FSS) Reset Instructions
Service "A" and "B"

You can go to http://www.geocities.com/mymercedesbenze320/

If anyone has any do-it-yourself information that I can add, please let me know.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Thanks for your efforts Richard. Wonder why people never read their owners manual? It's all in there. If you got a car without one, get one. They aren't that expensive.

Len

·
Registered
'00 E320
3 Posts
Richard -
Did you align the car after adding the H&R's? Who did your work? I'm in the east bay and I need to find somebody the knows how to do things right. Thanks.
Scott

·
Registered
2001 E320
1 Posts
Richard,

Just checked out your website and think you're doing a terrific thing for all of us.. And your E looks neat too... I've got the same model in Desert Sand.

One thing I'm trying to do is change the spark plugs on mine. I would appreciate it if someone who has done it would send you a step by step process for the 320 V6. I think some of the other threads hint that this engine has 12 plugs. Is this correct? And that a couple of special tools are really almost required? And how does the engine cover come off? This info would be great to have..

Thanks..
Fred

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Fredo1 said:
I think some of the other threads hint that this engine has 12 plugs. Is this correct? And that a couple of special tools are really almost required? And how does the engine cover come off? This info would be great to have..

Thanks..
Fred
Indeed you have 12 plugs on your M112 engine & The engine cover just yanks right off.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hi, Fredo and welcome to the forum.

If you search this forum you'll find a couple of threads on changing spark plugs.

Here's a few tips.

(1) unbolt the three coils from each bank (one bank at a time obviously) and use a bungee cord or some twine to hold them up out of your way. I think it's a T-20 torx but I can't recall, you should have a set of them anyway. (You will need a socket or an interchangeable-tip design with an adapter to a ratchet, 1/4" is more than enough for this small fastener.)

(2) get a Lisle tools or equivalent spark plug boot puller. Best $25 you'll ever spend, makes the job much easier (but it's still not terribly easy, particularly on the driver's side). The item number and a picture are in at least a couple of the recurring threads on this topic (I know, I put it in one of them!).

(3) when you install the new plugs put a little anti-seize on the threads but keep it away from the tip. It will help keep the disparate metal compounds disparate. :)

(4) when you go to put the boots back on, put some dielectric grease on the end of the plug, it will help them snap on much easier (and they are bast**ds!).

(5) get some mechanics' gloves for the loosening and removal/installation of the plug boots; you'll save your hands from many nicks and cuts. Costco often has them for a great price.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts