Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a new member of this forum and also a new owner of a mint w210 E300TD.
When i bought the car i realised that even though it has the audio 10 cd radio it does not have a cd changer in the trunk.

I have been very interested if it is possible to install a used changer even though ir didnt come in the car from the factory.

I have searched the forums a little bit for this info but didnt find exact info wether it is possible to install it easily.
Is there a stock cable/cord for the cd changer hidden somewhere in the trunk?
Does the car have to be reprogrammed to run the changer?
Any other issues i havent thought of to install a changer?

TIA!

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,055 Posts
Welcome JustasOM606, :)

The new site search engine is pretty dismal right now (wip I guess).
Best to do your search on google with "site:benzworld.org" added.

As for reprogramming, none needed so long as the radio you have has the CD feature built into it and you have the exisiting CD harness running into the trunk (not sure which side it would be located (different for each model)).
I believe the harness will have power to it, not 100% sure.

Instead of a CD, have you thought about BT?
Check if your Audio 10 can be hacked (by running a simple audio connector to it) and then a BT device into it.
We did this on our becker be1692 hu and make use of the music app on our mobile devices.
Or perhaps swap over to another mecedes hu similar to what you have to preserve the look, that can be hacked.

Just a thought as it might be easier, cheaper and cleaner to do. :)

Mods,
please move this over to the W210 forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome JustasOM606, :)

The new site search engine is pretty dismal right now (wip I guess).
Best to do your search on google with "site:benzworld.org" added.

As for reprogramming, none needed so long as the radio you have has the CD feature built into it and you have the exisiting CD harness running into the trunk (not sure which side it would be located (different for each model)).
I believe the harness will have power to it, not 100% sure.

Instead of a CD, have you thought about BT?
Check if your Audio 10 can be hacked (by running a simple audio connector to it) and then a BT device into it.
We did this on our becker be1692 hu and make use of the music app on our mobile devices.
Or perhaps swap over to another mecedes hu similar to what you have to preserve the look, that can be hacked.

Just a thought as it might be easier, cheaper and cleaner to do. :)

Mods,
please move this over to the W210 forum.
Hi
Not really sure what you mean by saying that the radio needs to have a cd feature built in. My current audio 10 cd radio does run cd’s. Probably what you meant?

The car didnt have the cd changer option from the factory though.. So it does not have the changer harness (would have to buy that with the changer). Im guessing that i would have to run all the connections from the radio to the trunk.
Would be very useful to hear from someone who has been in the same situation as i am. :)

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,055 Posts
Hi
Not really sure what you mean by saying that the radio needs to have a cd feature built in. My current audio 10 cd radio does run cd’s. Probably what you meant?

The car didnt have the cd changer option from the factory though.. So it does not have the changer harness (would have to buy that with the changer). Im guessing that i would have to run all the connections from the radio to the trunk.
Would be very useful to hear from someone who has been in the same situation as i am. :)
Thanks for correcting me.
In this case, not sure if you can add a stacker with your existing CD radio HU.
If it is possible, on these older HUs, you would need to be able to switch it over to bypass the CD on the built-in HU and then read the CD stacker to play, or run it off perhaps the aux circuit. This would be for an electronics familar with CBs on this matter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for correcting me.
In this case, not sure if you can add a stacker with your existing CD radio HU.
If it is possible, on these older HUs, you would need to be able to switch it over to bypass the CD on the built-in HU and then read the CD stacker to play, or run it off perhaps the aux circuit. This would be for an electronics familar with CBs on this matter.
Thanks a lot!
I will try to find someone, who knows posibilities of my radio.. :)

·
Registered
2012 S350 BlueTEC (2), 2005 S430, 2005 E320 CDI, 2009 E320 BlueTEC
229 Posts
You're barking up the wrong tree. Those trunk mounted factory CD changers were very troublesome. I owned several MB sedans that had it, including a '99 E300 turbodiesel, and the thing was bad to jam and had to be removed from the trunk and opened up. Constant pita. Hacking your existing head unit so that it can stream via bluetooth is by far a better option, or maybe swap to a different head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts