Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MY2000 W208 CLK320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the passenger seat on my 2000 Cab to replace the seat occupied sensor. The seat has air bladders fitted. I need help figuring out how to release the connector under the sead which connects the air tube from the car to the air tube in the seat. The connector is gray, and looks like the tubes are push fits into it. But to release the tube it looks like 4 tabs have to be pushed back simultaneously, which I have not been able to do.

On a similar track, are there any diagrams of all the electrical connectors used, and how they fit/release?

My apologies if this has been covered, but my searches have not turned up anything.
thanks,

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Hi - Is this what MB call a 'multi-contour backrest'?

I'm not familiar with it myself, but there are drawings in the WIS that cover 'Removing & installing air cushion in multi-contour backrest.

Would they help here?

·
Registered
MY2000 W208 CLK320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Keyhole. Yes it is the multiconoture seat, and I have got the WIS. As it happens, I have now managed to disconnect the airline, but I'm sure the way I did it was not the best way. I am re-assembling the seat now, and am trying to decide whether there should be a film of oil or anything put on the O rings of the connectors - any thoughts on that anyone? The WIS doesn't say anything other than to be careful reconnecting them. In fact, the WIS omits a lot of steps when describing how to replace the seat occupied sensor.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
In fact, the WIS omits a lot of steps when describing how to replace the seat occupied sensor.
I often think the same about the WIS. Then I have to remind myself that it is not designed for numbskulls like me - it's for trained MB mechanics who just need reminders about the sequence of events, torques, etc.

Mine is used essentially to help me decide what tasks I CAN do, and which ones to leave to the workshop....:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts