Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm about to go buy my first car, and my choice is between the W208 CLK and the W203 C sportcoupé ?

The engine size is only limited to my budget which is 250.000DKK, which equals almost 52.000 $. I should mention that I live in Denmark, where cars usually cost around 3 times as much as in Germany and other EU countries.

I haven't been able to testdrive anyone of them yet, as I'll first get my drivers license when I turn 18.

So what should I pick? (keeping in mind that this is the W203 forum :)) What are the major pros and cons?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
'09 C300 4matic Sport
127 Posts
Well the major con to the w203 coupe is that it looks aweful...IMHO opinion of course.

If money isn't an issue there's no way I'd take a W203 (especially the coupe) over a CLK

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well the major con to the w203 coupe is that it looks aweful...IMHO opinion of course.

If money isn't an issue there's no way I'd take a W203 (especially the coupe) over a CLK
ahem.

sport coupe FTW

·
Registered
'09 C300 4matic Sport
127 Posts
ahem.

Pics...

sport coupe FTW
Yours does look good...sorry still not a fan of the overall shape and design. The front is okay but the rear end just kills it for me.

Also...how much did it cost you to make your car look like that?

A stock W203 coupe FTL

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
advans is just showing off, I haven't seen you on here in a while, whats good?

As far as the car, i looked at a CLK350 drop going for about $52 but it had no options in it whatsoever. I'd go w203 sedan and w208 for the drop. I can't stand two doors and letting people in and out.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
The CLK is much plusher with very comfortable seats but it's the old chassis. I couldn't tell you which looks better, they are both old body styles so to me they are equal. The question then becomes, for the same money, do you get an older CLK or a newer C-Coupe. I'm a believer in newer is better, I would go for the C in that case. Get the biggest engine available, preferably a C320 Coupe and avoid some of the known problems with the 1.8L motor.

Very sharp looking C-Coupe Advans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts