Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This information is frequently sought on this forum, but is not already here. It is valid for ALL engine variants in the W208 CLK class. It is valid for cars from 01/06/1999. Before that there may be small differences, because minor changes were introduced as new features were added to later models.

It can be noted that this design has resulted in several fuses numbered f1, etc. This confusion was not repeated on models designed later, eg W209, W2i5.

Fuses and relays are in 4 locations:

a) Engine bay left, inside box F1: K40/2 covers f1 to f27, f37 to f45. relays A to J.
b) Engine bay right, inside box: K40/4 covers f1 to f7, relays k1 to k3.
c) Trunk, inside fuse box F4: covers fuse f1 to f9
d) Cockpit, lights fuse box N7-1: covers f78 to f86. f10 to f17 unused.

A note about the +12v supply code shown on the fuse assignments drawings. It shows what position the ignition switch is when the supply is present.

15 = switched battery power, hot in positions 2 & 3
15R = switched battery power, hot in positions 1, 2 & 3
30 = unswitched battery power.
87 = powered via (unspecified) relay.

Locations
The following WIS drawings show the locations of the 4 fuse boxes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fuses - continued.

Assignments

The assignments and ratings of the fuses is given in the WIS drawings below:

Note: I cannot find the WIS drawing for K40/4 fuse & relay assignments. This is from the circuit diagram.

Fuses:
f1 circuit 30Z (1.5A)
f2 traction system (10A)
f3 ETC/ADS (10A)
f4 f2 Motronic (15A)
f5 f1 Motronic (20A)
f6 Ignition coils (15A)
f7 Maxfuse Air pump (40A)

Relays:
k1 polarity protection
k2 Starter relay
k3 Air pump

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Additional information

Anyone with a W208 built pre-06/1999 will find a slight difference in the fuse assignments in the trunk fusebox F4 shown above.

The fuse for the trunk light and the rear dome light is fuse f3 (not fuse f5, as later.) The full details are shown on the WIS drawing below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320 & 2002 clk 430 sport package
11 Posts
hey guys I know this is an ancient thread but I was interested in the attachments that are no longer available I'm having a lot of electrical issues with Hey 2002 CLK 430 convertible

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys I know this is an ancient thread but I was interested in the attachments that are no longer available I'm having a lot of electrical issues with Hey 2002 CLK 430 convertible
Are you sure that your pdf reader is working OK? Those attachments are opening correctly on my PC. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thx for the response unfortunately I am only able to use my cell phone and it shows that the attachment is missing when I try to load it

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok a little bit of background on the car its a 2002 CLK 430 convertible it was in horrible shape when I got it Sun damaged interior it had no top no trunk innards looks like the car was stolen and striped. if I can remember right it had 17 or 11 all functions now I am down to ABS ESP air due to connection of brake light harness SOSteletrade i would like to know how to disable that. but the electrical problems I currently can only roll up my driver side window and move driver side mirror I ( I just fixed that) unable to pop trunk and adjust passenger side mirror and window with the switch. the windows do roll up with key on the sensor my mirror also would just when I hold the memory button. I am unable to open my trunk with switch or with the button on the model that is related to me not having a hydraulic pump or both quarter panel window regulators and silinoids for locking the boot this was a thousand dollar car I actually transform the interior I think it looks pretty good but I'm going to take care of these other little issues but I have leftand also I had a question if anyone knows is the reason why I buy back seat windows light switches do not light up is that due to there not being a regulator and also should I connect my convertible top module since there's no hydraulic pump?
I have this connection here i removed from the passenger sode window sillal believe there is tutorial slots and I'm not sure if I have the correct amount of connections that are connected and the
The module behind the door panel t here is a slot that does not have a harness connected on both doors

my drivers side window and and horn begin to work after i secure the connections to the model below the seat
I expected issues from the car when I purchased it for 1k

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Willie

Why did you post your long tale of woe here, on this fuse and relay thread? Do you really think that anyone here can help you sort out this mess?

·
Registered
2001 CLK-320
2 Posts
Relay diagram w208 clk

Hi,
New here. Looking for a relay diagram 2001 CLK 320. I appear to be missing one and am having weird electrical problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts