Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on some specific error codes?
my 1999 CLK430 started running very rough- very rough. All of a sudden.
Took it to the dealer and they hooked her up and told me that i needed new spark plugs and wires- for $1400. Since she has about 95000 mi on her i decided to do it myself.
replasce the plugs and wires and she started and sounded like a dream. droveher about a mile and she started running rough. Came back home and turned her off and started her back up and she ran fine- drove her about 3 miles and started running rough again. brought her back and turned her off and restarted her- running smooth. over. and over. and over.

got a code reader and it tells me:
error codes: 0300, 0302, 0305 and 0308- all saying misfire on those cylinders- any ideas? i find it hard to believe that those coils all went at the same time....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anyone have any info on some specific error codes?
my 1999 CLK430 started running very rough- very rough. All of a sudden.
Took it to the dealer and they hooked her up and told me that i needed new spark plugs and wires- for $1400. Since she has about 95000 mi on her i decided to do it myself.
replasce the plugs and wires and she started and sounded like a dream. droveher about a mile and she started running rough. Came back home and turned her off and started her back up and she ran fine- drove her about 3 miles and started running rough again. brought her back and turned her off and restarted her- running smooth. over. and over. and over.

got a code reader and it tells me:
error codes: 0300, 0302, 0305 and 0308- all saying misfire on those cylinders- any ideas? i find it hard to believe that those coils all went at the same time....
Go to Advance autoparts... they have a code reader there... some autozones.

210-TX (SPURS)

·
Registered
565 Posts
For starters, make sure the spark plug wire boots are pushed completely snug down on the spark plugs. Sounds like you're getting misfire codes on those specific cylinders and it could be as simply as loose wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks- i'll try that- i worked my kiester off trying to insure that they were on properly (cause they were a beast to get off) but you never know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts