Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz, W204, 2010, Engine M271
2 Posts
My ex Japan C200 W204 was reset to wider FM frequency to be able to work in Kenya. The radio has entered into a continuous restart loop every 5 seconds and DVD has ceased to function. The dash board language has gone into some spanish like language. How do I go about this? Do I need to replace the unit.
In Kenya, there's a guy called Bundi who sorts out this issues, you can get him on +254722756485 OR +254733781455. Thank me later. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Just faced same issue with my GLK x204 Comand Unit, changed region from Japan to ECE on Engineering Menu, after that changed Language, and its restarting loops forever every 10-20 seconds. Tried many things before i fix it by myself.
1. Done Xentry Diagnosis -> Initial Startup (Audio & Comand unit)
2. Went to official Benz dealer, they charged 200$ just for 2 hours checking problem with some computer diagnosis. They said change your Command Unit.

After all, I tried to fix it by myself today, and finally fixed it.

1st step. Remove your Comand unit from the panel.
2nd step. Remove Comand unit HDD from the Comand unit.
3st. Switch on Comand unit, and go to Engineering Mode press down buttons Hang-up+1+#
4nd. Change back region from ECE to Japan, also SYSTEM RESET and press END.
5th. Switch on Comand unit, and it should be work without any problem now.
6. Switch off Comand unit, and put HDD back to Comand unit.
7. DONE! CONGRATULATIONS! You did it man! No need to spend hundred of dollars for the new Comand unit.

Now you can change region from Japan to ECE. but it will work little bit buggy. Keep in mind, don't change Language after changed REGION from Japan to ECE.

GOOD LUCK guys!

·
Registered
CL500 2000
38 Posts
Hi guys,

Just faced same issue with my GLK x204 Comand Unit, changed region from Japan to ECE on Engineering Menu, after that changed Language, and its restarting loops forever every 10-20 seconds. Tried many things before i fix it by myself.
2. Went to official Benz dealer, they charged 200$ just for 2 hours checking problem with some computer diagnosis. They said change your Command Unit.

3st. Switch on Comand unit, and go to Engineering Mode press down buttons Hang-up+1+#
7. DONE! CONGRATULATIONS! You did it man! No need to spend hundred of dollars for the new Comand unit.

Now you can change region from Japan to ECE. but it will work little bit buggy. Keep in mind, don't change Language after changed REGION from Japan to ECE.

GOOD LUCK guys!
Finally, I am able to manage update the region with less bug and no restarting loops.
In my case, I retrofit the comand NTG4 Japanese version from old audio 20. My car is not Japanese version. Here what I did.
1. Change the language to English in comand menu (previously was Japanese)
2. From Engineering menu, change the region to US (I found more bug if I change to EU)
After changing, I still found the following 'minor' bug:
1. FM/AM sub-menu did not appeared in Audio menu, but able to select
2. TEL menu appeared as '----' in cluster, but able to call from my phone using bluetooth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

GOOD LUCK guys!
Hi guys,

GOOD LUCK guys!
Finally, I am able to manage update the region with less bug and no restarting loops.
In my case, I retrofit the comand NTG4 Japanese version from old audio 20. My car is not Japanese version. Here what I did.
1. Change the language to English in comand menu (previously was Japanese)
2. From Engineering menu, change the region to US (I found more bug if I change to EU)
After changing, I still found the following 'minor' bug:
1. FM/AM sub-menu did not appeared in Audio menu, but able to select
2. TEL menu appeared as '----' in cluster, but able to call from my phone using bluetooth
How did you open the engineering mode on the the Japanese comand, what is the key combination, I can't access it on w212

M

·
0 Posts
Facing the same issue, considering;
1. Japanese model (W204)
2. changed region from Japan to USA/EU in engineering mode.
3. then changed language to some unknown in comand setting.
4. falls into reboot loops within seconds after startup.

How to get out of this restart loop. Also where is HDD located exactly in Comand Unit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and also searched the info I need, however I need some help in my situation.

I live in New Zealand and here is my story. I imported a Jap version of 2008 C200 W204. I managed to get into the engineering mode and changed the region to Europe and I managed to get the radio frequency working (88-108FM instead of 77-90FM)

It worked fine but the main menu can not display FM or AM (I can see Disc or musicregistry) so I was playing around with the language setting (Not in the engineering mode), basically I don't even know which language I switched to as the words are not there. It was displaying English before and I should just leave the system as is.

After I changed the language setting, the whole system keeps on restarting itself. Sometimes it can get into the menu for 5s but can't make any changes. Plugged into the Star diagnostic and the guy said, it is not even showing the part number or anything. I suspected the unit is dead?

I was told the Japanese units are unique and can not really update with Australia/NZ maps.

My main question is, can a Japanese imported car uses Euro or US headunit? Also to make NTG4.5 work with current system, is it going to be a hassle?

I have seen a few headunit from Germany on ebay but unsure if they are reliable or not.

Thank you for reading my post, look forward to anyone who can give me some suggestion.
Try to remove HDD and switch it on again. Should start without rebooting. Then you will be able to change regoin and language back to original. (found on some russian MB forum)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts